ca20e wont re past 4k...HELP!!!

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
graysonwolff
Car: 1987 nissan 200sx (s12) notchback (coupe)

alright so i bought a 1987 nissan 200sx a couple weeks ago for $900 (score!) and its in pretty good mechanical condition, 86000 miles on the motor and strong as hell. now my issue is the damned thing wont rev past 4k. its got great pickup through 3k but with my foot all the way in the gas it sounds like its hitting the rev limiter at 3.5k... if you let your foot off more and more itll get up ro about 4.5 but inevitable cuts all power and wont go any faster. i know this things got more than enough power to make this perfectly balanced beauty slay some tires but as of yet ive all but given up hope. ive heard cam position sensor, timing sensor and the like but cant get a solid answer. i know little to nothing about this motor and have limited experience in wrenching but i love cars and love getting grease on my knuckles so please please please, if you hae any info at all on this isssue or anything i can do to get a couple more ponies out of this old girl let me know :naughty:

Sideways s12
Car: 84 turbo s12

First off welcome to s12 ownership! second it sounds like a maf issue check the codes o the ecu to better understand whats going on . Third go check out Club-s12.org It has the info you could ever need over there. i am a mod over there so feel free to pm me over there with any questions as well My screen name is the same.

graysonwolff
Car: 1987 nissan 200sx (s12) notchback (coupe)

yeah i cant get the activation email for my account but im 00% its not a maf issue. ive heard from several peple it could be any sensor related to the timing/cam/crank position and the like but i need to be sure what it is before i pull anything apart because shes my daily. im more than likely going to be doing a vg30e swap and thrwing a turbo on under low boost but saving the original driveline is something id really like seeing as how these cars are very rare and unique.

Sideways s12
Car: 84 turbo s12

I just approved a bunch of people so check again also whats your screen name so I can keep a look out...

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”