ca18det emanage cons

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
s1390
Car: 1990 240sx Silvia front end conversion ca18det swap gt2876R

I have a ca18det and with a gt2871r running stock boost with all supporting mods to safely turn up the boost but im weighing out my options and having trouble deciding what to tune it with. I have a safc 2 now but lets face it its garbage. Im looking into doing the lsx ignition swap so im going to need a system that can adjust the dwell for the coils. I have a friend that has an emanage and is willing to give it to me for 50 bucks which is a good deal imo but ive heard the emanage throws timing errors. So i was wondering if you guys could help me out with this decision and let me know the pros and cons of emanage with the ca18det and some other more preferable options available to me.
Thanks,
Anthony

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I had no problem with the SAFC. I hate to break it to you, but the Emanage is just an SAFC on steroids. If you intend to get serious than actually get serious and quit playing piggyback.

roast
Car: 1989 Silvia

You can change dwell rom tuning or using nistune. (caveat: I don't recall anyone doing this however I'm not trolling the internet for random information like this or tuning multiple CA powered cars)

I've rom tuned before, for me, it's a PITA... however, if you have time or someone local who can rom tune on a dyno, it's a great option...

I can't speak much about other systems, so I won't...

s1390

Thank you i was highly considering nistune but wasnt sure of all of its capabilities and wasnt sure if you could adjust dwell with an emanage so thank you for your input and i had another question about nistune. Does nistune allow the ecu to use factory safety settings like correction to prevent detonation and is it compatible with windows vista

roast
Car: 1989 Silvia

s1390 wrote:Thank you i was highly considering nistune but wasnt sure of all of its capabilities and wasnt sure if you could adjust dwell with an emanage so thank you for your input and i had another question about nistune. Does nistune allow the ecu to use factory safety settings like correction to prevent detonation and is it compatible with windows vista
I've run the Nistune trial on Windows 7... Most importantly, talk to the guy(s) at Nistune, I think Matt is the best person to direct your technical questions to...

s1390

Thanks for the info bro its much appreciated

Return to “Engine Tuning”