ca18det coilpack wiring

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
kn13xa
Car: N13 Exa

hey guys, am running megasquirt 3, and have run into a snag with coilpack wiring, I have not been able to find any pinout diagrams for stock coilpacks, and im not wanting to go gm or edis-4. Can someone help me out with a diagram of what pins are meant to do what?

Many thanks

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Did you look in the FSM? It HAS to be in there. We don't have one for the EXA, but we have one for the S13 w/aCA18DET. I would think they would be similar enough to use. Are you running sequential, or batch fired ignition? If you're running batch I would NOT keep the stock coils. There's not enough time between ignition events to run them in batched and make very much power.

kn13xa
Car: N13 Exa

float_6969 wrote:Did you look in the FSM? It HAS to be in there. We don't have one for the EXA, but we have one for the S13 w/aCA18DET. I would think they would be similar enough to use. Are you running sequential, or batch fired ignition? If you're running batch I would NOT keep the stock coils. There's not enough time between ignition events to run them in batched and make very much power.
I didn't even think of looking in the s13 one, I don't have the n/a ca18 fsm for the exa (they never came turbo in the ca's), and yeah am planning on sequential fire to match with sequential injection

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”