CA18DET Clevite-77 bearings

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
blanc0

Hello everybody.

Does anybody here use Clevite 77 bearings ? I am curios whether the main bearings, part number MS-1565P fit the CA18DET.. I contacted them and they said they cannot be 100% sure, as the engine was only used in the US up until '88 or something..

Also, are they standard bearings ? I'll be needing std ones, that being said, the MS-1565P ones are standard ones ?

Thanks.

boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

I've used them on various motors, but may I ask why the obsession with the Clevites? There's a bunch of bearing manufacturers that make competent bearings for many engines. If your crank has microscopic damage on the journals, it will munch-up any bearing you install. I've used less popular bearings and have beat the oil out of my engines to prove the bearings worthiness in a well balanced and machined engine. Focus on getting your crank taken care and you can use whatever bearing your heart desires and achieve optimal results, even with the clevites ;) .

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

I've used clevites and they were fine. The CA18DE in the Pulsar has the same bearings as the CA18DET, so just get bearings for that motor. I will say this;

DO NOT USE ACL DURAGLIDES!!! I bought a set for my motor for this last rebuild and they variance in thickness of the bearings was all over the place. I ended up throwing them out. From what I've read online, production has been moved to China and the quality has plummeted.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”