Ca18de pistons

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
babushka69

i recently pulled a ca18de out of a pulsar nx in the junkyard that had a bad headgasket. Long story short, i found a nasty scuff mark on cyl 3 which means i have to bore out the engine. Only problem is finding ca18de pistons which will keep the 10:1 cr is impossible. Ca18de pistons are plentiful but the compression height is too low for my application.

My main question is has anyone ever used pistons out of any other car? A little research makes it look like b20 honda pistons may work but theyre 84mm. I guess itd be okay to bore the cylinder out 1mm. Theres a member on this board (nut-cse) that fit them in his ca18 but he never updated the thread with the completed engine.

Miata pistons almost fit the bill as well but im not sure theyll work with the valves as miata engines are non interference.

Anyone have any info or at least a site that had reputable piston dimension specs so i can sort through what may work.

Thanks for the help

dhen
Car: MGA w/ CA18DET

If all else fails you can get custom pistons made. But it might be easier to just get another block.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

It's been a long time, so I don't know if they still have it on file, but my old set of high compression CP pistons came from http://www.raceeng.com They don't have them listed anywhere though because it was a custom piston. You might email/call them about it.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

They for sure have these pistons on file. I ordered a set at 83.5mm. They're a CP piston for the CA18DET, but I sent them a DE piston and they copied the crown onto the piston. They're custom though, so they're not cheap. Like $650 not cheap. I should have mine today or tomorrow if you want pics of it.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”