ca18 det inside my 240z?

A forum for owners of S30 and S130 Datsun Z's... 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX!
wateewawee
Car: '73 datsun 240, datsun 180B, datsun 280zx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys! i'm new here..came from the philippines.just want to ask,are there some guys here tried a conversion of ca18 det into the datsun 240z?please give me your views since i did put a ca18 det into my z. and it fits good.but it still in the works..would the weight distribution of the front and rear fairly equal to the original L24 engine?what should be done and what should i be aware of? i know you guys would suggest an RB's or SR's instead..but i have bought the ca already..i would appreciate if you guys just give me your insights..(i was with the CA thread a while ago but they suggested me to discuss it on this thread) thanks alot guys!

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

post up some pics. Is your set up stock?

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Nice. I would loive to see some pics also. How long have you been working on this project? Are you going with a stand alone for engine management?

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Should prove to be a good setup. There was recently a 240Z in a US mag that had an SR in it and was supposedly amazing. Best of luck!

wateewawee

thanks for your positive response guys.its been months since i started working on this conversion. not that its hard to do, but i cannot find a good time concentrating on that before(i'm a traveling musician), so evrytime i get home from abroad was the only time i get back on my Z-Ca18 work. i will provide some pics here soon.for you guys to see how it fits..the engine, i think, is all stock.i got it from japan and it was the freshest looking ca18 that i saw and compared.the previous owner even tried to hide that engine and offered me other ca's..but then with my sweet talking,hehe..i got it and delivered it here in the philippines.actually,imho i have just a canfull of knowledge about this engine,so any infos about this i would very much appreciate.and i know, at the back of my mind,240z and CA18 det could make a wonderful relationship! though revolutionary or call it dumb,what the heck...my toy's making a steady progress...keep posting guys! thanks alot!

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

I think overall your gonna find the finnished weight and balance of the car to be pretty similar to stock, as well as the initial HP (till you turn up the boost)

just wondering why you chose to the the CA, they tend to be an affordable option here but no-one that I know of has tossed the L6 in favor of one.... yet

wateewawee

that's [email protected] is, my 6-banger L24 was fried last year.a had this drag race with a porsche 924.we had a big amount of bet that i cannot resist.knowing my car,and the porsche's driver(who btw, is a cocky newbie!)i think i could eat him alive! so as my lucky stars went on..i did win! it was hell coz at the end of the finish line i could feel a strange sound under my hood. and there it was,when i pop it up,its like a was having a cooking show!its alright,coz i was paid enuf to fix it.but the hard fact is,i realized it was way too hard to find another good L24 engine here,considering my setup(i hv installed 280z turbo in it). so i setteled on the good ol' CA engine.coz i am planning to use my car as a daily driver.and traffic here is at worst especially holiday seasons. and the power comparisson is almost the same as the original.one big difference is the fuel consumption would be alot cheaper than the 6 banger.and the CA is much younger than their grand dad.get it?thanks dude!

Return to “Datsun Z Forum”