Ca internals

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
NisWerks240
Car: CARS!!!

so i heard the ca has forged rods stock?? is this true?? if it is what should i do when i get my ca, just get the forged pistons and call it a day or should i shot peen the rods also and then boost to 20psi lol. whats everyones recommendations on the ca internal rebuild??

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

the stock rods are fordged and shotpeined from the factory, with mine I beam polished them and then re-shotpeined them. I also cut the caps to re-size the journals and put new bolts in it.

This settup is safe to over 400rwhp (and I'd imagine more if you don't detonate).

later,

Paul

NisWerks240
Car: CARS!!!

dang thats tight, i have to find a place around me that can shot pin and maybe knife egde the crank ( i want that 9k rev limit) :)

thanks again man

JDM_1990_S13

movingviolation, whay rod bolts are you using, are they stronger thn stock?? and what rod and main bearings are you using, i am currently rebuilding too and would like any advice, anything you wish you did when rebuilding now that you look back??

Aaron

chezina

movingviolation, whay rod bolts are you using, are they stronger thn stock?? and what rod and main bearings are you using i would like to have the information also, i'm not rebuilding now but it is always good to know. Thanx

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

stock CA18DE rodbolts and berings from the Pulsair. It has the same part number as the JAP FSM for the CA18DET. The rods and crank are also the same (I have a spare set of 'preped' rods if anybody wants them and a spare crank).

PaulOrlando, FL

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”