C packs and plug

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
ejXa q45
Car: 1992 Q45 infiniti sliver

on Friday i went to a Friends performance shop to fix my Q, it was a X mas present that i got a little late.i was going to fix may injectors but i wont to see what others thought was best. well he had the car like 2 days and still has yet to remove a single thing.my brother saw him in a near by town in my Q getting lunch. can you say joy ride!! i called him and he said that it feels like it is misfiring . might have to get new plugs and or coil packs. he work on all types of cars but, i don't think he knew much about a Q for that matter. but he did know performance ,he had a 60 something GTO and a comaro 350 /40 over fully worked most likely over 1200+ hp combined but i don't know for sure. any way he told that see how much the pack and plugs are and he will run the computer and look for codes. my question is what else would you think could make my Q to misfire, which i still think that it might be injector.also what is a price for the pack and plugs, labor and hours including all that other junk that i might have to pay for.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

the labor for plugs and coils should be exactly the same since you do all the disassembly to remove the coils to remove the plugs... Menaing you must remove the coils to remove the plugs.....

I dont think its the coils either they dont fail too often..... Tell him to ohm the injectors, point him to Q45.org if need be.

ejXa q45

good idea about q45.org i ohm tested them i think one or two are at 14ohm the rest are off he is going to do then to.

ejXa q45

look at this, they are plug covers i wonder if i can get them for a VH45DE

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Those are golden, id love to see some that said VH45DE on them

ejXa q45

so my Friend said that it was the plugs . i had some sh*tty champions plugs in it and now replaced them with NGK .the coil pack had some residue and might need that to. now i will see what is next to go .

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”