bypassing bose amplified speakers

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
OLD-V8R
Car: 1992 300zx 5 speed, NA non turbo

All, I am in the process of trying to restore my recently bought 1992 300zx NA 5 speed manual. The Bose deck and speakers are shot. I have installed a new deck and am in the process of installing new speakers. The deck works after getting all the wires correct. Problem is the rear speakers. Both were blown and when I went to replace them, I had to get the brackets to fit the area and figure out how to do the wiring for them since the amplifiers were shot. I went on line and found that you could bypass the amps and did exactly what the person did yet I have no sound or very quiet sound at the highest volume setting. Any ideas???

Daspyda

Maybe you can give Crutchfield a call and they'll help - even though you probably didn't buy from them.

LetsGo
Car: 1990 300ZX NA 2+2

I am about to tackle the same project, and have been reading up on it myself. I'm not sure I can help but I am about to dig into it and maybe I will be able to. What article did you follow on the bypass? There are some out there which I found not helpful. Did you run new speaker wire or are you using the stock wiring with only the wiring harness adapter for the radio?

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”