bypass dropping resistor pack

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
carformance
Car: nissan sx200

hi

i want to fit 50lb MSD style injectors and need to bypass the factory fitted resistor pack....any idea how to do this with minimum stress?? :rolleyes:

what else do you guys recommend for a good engine tuning....?? and where to get parts readily available?

any experience with jim wolf technology in ca?

cheers

boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

On the stock ECU? It can be done by modifying the DET harness or change out the DET harness for a DE harness and call it a day. Your post is very vague, so I'm going off what you provided.

carformance
Car: nissan sx200

hi...nope...it's a modified ecu...modified for those injectors.....won't get this harness in my country...any idea on how to modify the wiring??

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

The FSM has all of the wiring info in there. It's in the FAQ. We don't have a step-by-step in there, but it wouldn't be difficult either.

Are you asking for a standalone EMS suggestion? There are a lot of options out there commonly used on the CA; SDS, Nistune, Megasquirt, etc.

Unless you actually take the car to Jim Wolf, they're only going to do chip tunes, which will only get you close on tuning. You will still need some way to do the final tuning.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”