BYP 240's where are you??

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
detforme

ill try and get a picture. I looked at the pics from the link you posted. You guys do beautiful work. Where are you in orlando?

Top Speed Coupe
Car: Cars

Come down to good ol' South FL Stephen! It's been done, actually this is the 3rd guy to do it. It isn't really special anymore. It's a Yellow s13 Hatch! He used to run a Rx-7 13b on Boost... You really should get out more...

CurlyStooge

Top Speed Coupe wrote:Come down to good ol' South FL Stephen! It's been done, actually this is the 3rd guy to do it. It isn't really special anymore. It's a Yellow s13 Hatch! He used to run a Rx-7 13b on Boost... You really should get out more...

hey, my neighbor is jesus. oh... you don't beleive me? Maybe you should get out more.Get my point? Get pics of some of these 3 240s with RB26s or don't talk ****.

CurlyStooge

detforme wrote:ill try and get a picture. I looked at the pics from the link you posted. You guys do beautiful work. Where are you in orlando?

Thanks, that's all Larry's work. He's the only one that touches the Supdawgs, he's the best supra mechanic I've ever seen hands down, nothing he can't fix. That's what happens when you give a mechanic with 15 years experience, some experiene with tuning and performance. Not only can he tune and make performance, he knows how to fix **** when it breaks, and what everything does, unlike 95% of the "tuners" out there (because of their lack of real mechanics experience).I'm thinking about setting up a meet at the shop for the Nissan guys, it'll be after the construction is finished, alot of things are getting fixed up on the building, etc. Maybe once we get a 300zx in (Larry has a Z32 coming in from up north i believe, it has about $35k in it and the customer isn't satisfied, so Larry will be making some "adjustments" to the car ;)). I'm trying to get the company into some Nissan work, it's mainly a Toyota/Lexus thing right now, alot of Supras and IS300s, etc.

boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

Quote »It's a Yellow s13 Hatch! He used to run a Rx-7 13b on Boost...[/quote] This is true as I've watched my boy at BYP make the intake and exhaust manifold for it, but he did not tune it. And actually it's an RB25..........It's a car that does exist, but I ain't taking no pictures of it as I've seen it enough already and know the owner.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

StephenB wrote:hey, my neighbor is jesus. oh... you don't beleive me? Maybe you should get out more.Get my point? Get pics of some of these 3 240s with RB26s or don't talk ****.

Hey Stephen, my buddy Joel used to own UnstableHybrids. They did a RB20DET swap. There are pics at http://www.unstablehybrids.com if the website is still open. Joel and Unstable went different ways.

The RB25 will fit anywhere the RB20 will. I've also seen many 180's with the RB26 but no 240's. I'm not sure how many clearence problems you'll have running a twin setup. I'm partial to a single T04R. But I've owned 2 T04 series, luv em.

WD

Top Speed Coupe

Sorry Stephen did u mistake me for some one who cared that Jesus is your neighbor? I can care less...I'd take a pic but why waste my time I know its there...

CurlyStooge

Top Speed Coupe wrote:Sorry Stephen did u mistake me for some one who cared that Jesus is your neighbor? I can care less...I'd take a pic but why waste my time I know its there...

I could have swore you said it was an RB26, now someone is saying it's an RB25. Exactly what I said, it's not an RB26 swap.

Top Speed Coupe

Damn I am one off but I know Dave's, I think his name was, was an RB26, Id take a pic but he passed away unfortunatly in a car wreck.

CurlyStooge

Top Speed Coupe wrote:Damn I am one off but I know Dave's, I think his name was, was an RB26, Id take a pic but he passed away unfortunatly in a car wreck.

is dave the guy with the crazy blue colored 240? I heard about that guy passing away in an accident, he had an rb25 though. If the accident was because of street racing, then he was well aware of the consiquences, and hope that his close friends learned a lesson from the sad event.

boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

Quote »is dave the guy with the crazy blue colored 240? I heard about that guy passing away in an accident, he had an rb25 though.[/quote] Yeah, that's him! I bought one of my CA18's from him. And yes, it was an RB25 in his as well. the price of an RB26DETT and RB25DET is huge compared to the performance between the two. Most of these guys could care less about the twin turbos of the RB26 as well as that small displacement difference. It's price and performance that make most of the 240 guys purchase the RB25 as opposed to the RB26. And yes, he died a rough death and the lesson to be learned here is"No partying in your power-house".

CurlyStooge

boost_boy wrote: And yes, he died a rough death and the lesson to be learned here is"No partying in your power-house".

ohh, umm, that sounds bad. "Ruff death", uummm, that soudns real bad, you could have said painfull, ruff puts images in my head (ummm, speachless). What happened, do you know?

boost_boy

I would be spreading gossip if I told you the story that I heard, but the car was torn to pieces by the barriers on the turnpike. So if the car car was torn to pieces, what do you think happen to those fleshy humans in that metal car that was hacked-up like grass (Use Your graphic imagination)?

CurlyStooge

boost_boy wrote:I would be spreading gossip if I told you the story that I heard, but the car was torn to pieces by the barriers on the turnpike. So if the car car was torn to pieces, what do you think happen to those fleshy humans in that metal car that was hacked-up like grass (Use Your graphic imagination)?

fleshy humans? that with your description should be enough to scare alot of the boy racer honda guys next time they go racing down the highways like morons.

boost_boy

Unfortunately, it does not:( Hopefully the experience I had of losing control of my car while trying avoid hitting another stupid car while racing a Ferarri Modena in excess of 160mph and htting a wooden pole on the highway at over 100mph and live to talk about, should be more than a wake up call. The CA18's block withstood the force of that pole and therefore causing me to get only minor injuries. Those little alloy engines have blown to bits upon impact and killed many a kid in those little "H" & "A" cars because they think they're street racing and they are going really fast (yeah, right:rolleyes ).

CurlyStooge

boost_boy wrote:Unfortunately, it does not:( Hopefully the experience I had of losing control of my car while trying avoid hitting another stupid car while racing a Ferarri Modena in excess of 160mph and htting a wooden pole on the highway at over 100mph and live to talk about, should be more than a wake up call. The CA18's block withstood the force of that pole and therefore causing me to get only minor injuries. Those little alloy engines have blown to bits upon impact and killed many a kid in those little "H" & "A" cars because they think they're street racing and they are going really fast (yeah, right:rolleyes ).

you got a CA up above 160? Hmmm, I have a hard time beleiving that no offense. What's the gearing run out at on the CA engines? what about the sr engines?

boost_boy

Quote »you got a CA up above 160? Hmmm, I have a hard time beleiving that no offense.[/quote] No offense taken;) Just don't be afraid to drive it that hard and you'll get there plus. My friends at BYP will vouch for this claim and any of the big bad cars that have battled my ugly sentra will atest as well. A luckily remarkable combination that lands me some nasty top-end. And most people with CA engines should be easily exceeding 150mph, if there car is up to the task and if there not afraid of that much speed.

boost_boy

Quote »what about the sr engines?[/quote] Can't really speak for the RWD's, but I know the FWD's are good to about 155mph (if the cars up to the task and the driver is not afraid). I've taken my friends Sr20DET powered 200sx (in 5th gear) to it's rev limiter. And because he didn't have an SE-R's speedometer in the car, we could not tell what speed we were going. From guesstimations taken by SR20 gurus and otheres, they equated it to be about 153mph and I literally leave my friend "Nast-Style" on the highway. Not bragging, but this combo works very well for me. And just to help justify it a little more, I raced another friend in his S2000 on the highway for miles and he said 155mph (sometimes) was his max and I would just move away from him effortlessly. the replacement for displacement is power to weight!

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”