Buying from the lot vs Buildubg

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Althalus
Car: '07 Nissan Versa Hatch SL CVT

Just wondering what everyone suggests. They don't have the configuration I want on the lot, but good old daddio says I'll get ripped off if I build.

BenDupre
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/CVT, 2006 Quest 3.5

You'll likely pay full MSRP either way. See what deal you can negotiate on an in-stock item, then tell them you want that discount on a special order. They can only say NO.

Ben

indus49
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S, Magnetic Gray with Beige/Black Interior, Power Package.

Go with whatever you want. Find a reputable dealership, and negotiate the best deal you can. Decide exactly what car you want, then get it for the best price (I'd say 5% above invoice is fair!)

It will (and should) cost you the same whether it's on the lot, or you have to order it. Don't let the dealerships scam you, you have the power and you can simply walk out...

check out this website, great resource. Read it, get pissed, head to the dealership and TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

campersand

what's a Buildubg?

Elmojo
Car: 2007 Versa SL

If this makes it any easier, I've been told by 3 different dealers that Nissan is not allowing any special orders on the Versa until probably the first of next year.

proxim2020

Elmojo wrote:If this makes it any easier, I've been told by 3 different dealers that Nissan is not allowing any special orders on the Versa until probably the first of next year.
When you hear the term special order or factory order, it can be a little bit misleading. Dealers have allocation period determined by Nissan. During this period dealers submit requests to Nissan with what cars they would like and how they would like to have them configured. Most dealerships are being limited from as low as 3 and up to 14 Versa per allocation period. So the dealer isn't really making a special request to Nissan, but rather including your vehicle in their alottment. All the dealers I've spoken with haven't had a problem ordering a car the way I want it. Encourage the deal to include your car into their allocation. This is a win/win for them. They sold a car and it doesn't even have to sit on the lot for a day. Nissan will not allow certain configurations and will reject the order. Dealers know this and won't order cars with things that aren't being produce at the factory yet like Sunroofs (which should be avail. now) and the sport package.

versa_fan

Adding to proxim2020's post, if it helps you out, I was able to order an SL with the convenience package, audio package, sunroof package & ABS with no problems. So, if the configuration you're looking for matches those, they should allow you you to get it, as long as you're willing to wait. (I was told mid-October, at the earliest, and this was during the last week of August.)

Return to “Versa General Chat”