buying a rogue in the USA then bringing it back to canada, bad idea?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dreaderus
Car: 240 sx 93

just putting this out there. with the dollar in its curent situation the canadian priced rogues are way up there (i think its like 35gs for a fully loaded rogue atm)

yet the dollars equal. i guess it would be a nightmare to buy it from the USA and drive it back?

Cheers

Dreaderus

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Might not be a bad idea. You'd have to figure out if the safety standards are equal between the two countries.

I'd say it's worth more research.

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

You might try calling the closest US dealer. I'd guess you wouldn't be the first person to ask, and they probably already know most of the legalities, and other pros and cons ...

MC Wack

dreaderus wrote:just putting this out there. with the dollar in its curent situation the canadian priced rogues are way up there (i think its like 35gs for a fully loaded rogue atm)

yet the dollars equal. i guess it would be a nightmare to buy it from the USA and drive it back?
The only nightmare is the warranty. The last time I checked, Nissan specifically won't honor warranties in Canada for vehicles purchased in the US. Oddly enough Infiniti does honor warranties on both sides of the border.

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

Nissan not honoring warranties in Canada is something to consider...

However, some Canadians are fighting back filing a lawsuit against the automakers:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g64P ... zhWLDu1zbw

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

One idea I have is to find a dealership in the US that is very close to Canada (Detroit, Buffalo). My guess is that they might have some experience with people asking this question. Perhaps they can direct you to a website or other source of information about this.

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

I'm planning to do exactly what you've asked in the coming weeks. Apparently warranty might be voided, but for a potential savings of $7000-8000, it may or may not be worth it to you. Depending on which dealerships you talk to, some may be willing to do warranty work for you anyway, since they get paid by Nissan to do it.

MC Wack

exeunt wrote:I'm planning to do exactly what you've asked in the coming weeks. Apparently warranty might be voided, but for a potential savings of $7000-8000, it may or may not be worth it to you. Depending on which dealerships you talk to, some may be willing to do warranty work for you anyway, since they get paid by Nissan to do it.
Here is a 2nd option:Contact and get a membership with the APA.ca or Carhelpcanada.com. These are non-profit associations and there are numerous benefits provided to members who join in. They have contacts to a reputable third party insurance company that will provide warranty for your vehicle and it costs about the same as what you would pay for an extended warranty from a dealer.

Return to “Rogue Forum”