Buying a Rogue. how was your deal?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jomil91
Car: 2007 Mazda3 hatchback

Hi!im a new member, non nissan owner (love them though, I hope to become a designer in the London Design Studios for Nissan) and I am helping my friend buy a Nissan Rogue 2009, and being the car freak I am, I know I can get a great price ;D so I want you all to help me see If the prices im in are good right now, now I have two prices from each car I ahve seen at four different dealerships here in Maryland along with 3 more friends (the future owner of course) we are all young, (me youngest 21 yrs old to 30 yrs old). all we one thing in mind best deal while using our ******* face for all afternoon (no other way to do with some of the dealerships we were in)

First though, let me tell you about what my friend wants, she initially wanted a Phantom White "s" no options, jsut basic, then she asked me about the AWD and I said is a safety feature basically. and she wanted it .

the first dealer we went to (mile one nissan in .. greenbelt MD?) had no "s" trims, but they did have an Sl AWD in white, and moonroof pckged. now it was sticker at 27,000 (some dealer installed options..) and it was a bit expensive, but I decided to skip the sales person and went straigh to the manager, whom without me even asking said "I dont have "s" and the only white one is that one, and I can give you a good price for it." the good price? 21,900.. but thats just the sticker, I need it Out the door price. whic came up to be 24,300 (MD tax is 6% plus tags and other shyt) so it was a good deal but, we decided to go to another dealer

So we went to College Park, MD, to Darcars Nissan. where 1. it looked gettho. and 2. no computer anywhere but may be two offices. well it didnt matter if they gave us a good price, but they only had one ugly silver rogue S no options for jsut 21600... when I asked the guy to give me a better price he came back with an out the door price of 23,890.. and thats when I laughed lol and gave him my # and told hm to call when he is ready to sell a car, he said why, if its a good deal, and I told him about the first deal.

third one was VOB in ROckville MD, it was a gothic gray or I think thats the color, it was a dark gray, very nice, the same options as the first one and a little bit cheaper 24,000k out the door and the guy even though frustraded at the beginning (it was four of us laughing all the time and joking, while at the same time having a strong posture about the buying procedure ) but he was very nice and helpful.

the fourth one, was Darcars Nissan in Rockville (non gettho looking, even had a gtr with a $50,000 mark up int he show room, manager was nice enough to let me in , they had a white Nissan Rogue S, no options, just what we wanted, but the sales person was an *******, gave me an attitude and even accused me of lying when I told him i had gotten a good deal on an SL for the same price they were giving me currently on the white one (23,000) and so talked to the manager and it was 21,350 for the out the door price.

Naturally we didn't buy the same day, I wanted to see what else is out there and touch ground about prices. now I need your prompt help :D thank you!

Nissannate25

Dealerships always try to screw you over if your young. I'm going on 23, but I had my father and mother come with my when I bought my Rogue. My mom hates car salesman and my dad thinks they're bs artists too haha. Needless to say after some fighting, I got $500 on my trade-in over what it was worth. In the end I think I was around 20k out the door for my '08 Rogue S awd.Might be a good idea to have your rents come with you or at least an older adult you know, you'll be a lot less likely to get shafted.
Modified by Nissannate25 at 8:43 PM 1/3/2009

SLOW_V

That's funny, there was an 08 left over inventory base S white here about 2wks ago for 18,500. I ended getting an 08 SL AWD for 22k that was sticker for 26k. The dealers at the time wasn't budging too much on the 09 and with markup of $1500 price difference of 08 to 09 on similar options. It wasnt worth it. If you dont mind find else where outside MD, I'm sure you can get better deals. Other wise, if you are looking for good deals, I will look for an 08 left over. 22k for an sl isnt bad, was it a 09? Anyhow, good luck.

ta1yn
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

I bought an 08 Rogue S AWD about 2 months ago. They wanted 21K for it. I got it down to 16K. They even gave me floor mats. Of course there where 23K miles on it, but I'm happy.
Modified by ta1yn at 9:56 AM 1/5/2009

Nissannate25

Hmmm, idk. They would not go lower than 19,800 or whatever they paid for it. They still have an '08 on the lot for 21,800. Maybe it's just my area? Mine has the awd package on it too.

jomil91

well, we found today a white S no options (well floor matts) for 20800 out the door.. that means taxes paid, tags and processing. so its around 18,000 sticker price :D thats a good deal right?

SLOW_V

18k for base is good. If you compare used and lower mileage base...you could probably pick one up for 16k. However, trying to buy an awd in winter months is allot harder to bargain because the dealer has more weight to hold off on making a sale because some sucker will pay what they are asking. GL.

jomil91

so, we go it, for aorund 18k, with taxes and all it was 20,800 :D and 0 % for 36 months, it is a good looking vehicle and White :D

Cha

SLOW_V wrote:18k for base is good. If you compare used and lower mileage base...you could probably pick one up for 16k. However, trying to buy an awd in winter months is allot harder to bargain because the dealer has more weight to hold off on making a sale because some sucker will pay what they are asking. GL.
i just got mine last week....08 with low miles for 15900. not to bad of a deal as blue book still had it at 18200

munkymonkjr
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S FWD

Got mine in April 08 Gotham Gray S (base + floor mats + splashguards + bumper protector) for $19k.... that was of course within the first few months of them on sale and demand being really high, so for that time it was a decent deal. $18k for a base + 0% is good, i say go for it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”