Buying a Leaf

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
bobtail
Car: Nissan Leaf

I am convinced. My eye is on a 2014 Leaf SV but I have read about a tool that you can take to the dealership and measure the voltage history. The dealer knew about it but they don't provide a charging history or the tool. Makes me suspicious so I will do it myself if I get help in where to buy the tool and how to use although I think that will be evident with the tool. Any help would be great. Barb

UncD
Car: Leaf

Wow, 2 years ago and still no one has any suggestions for Barb? Does not bode well for this site. I've been looking for similar help... Would like to know what I should watch for when buying a used Leaf... And, Or any helpful buying tips / knowledge pertaining to the batteries, charging systems, etc. Barb, If you're still checking in, I wonder if the tool you heard about might not have been the phone App. Use your phone's software download app (ex: Android uses Google Play), and search for Nissan Leaf and you'll see a nifty "tool" that apparently helps determine battery life (not current charge, Life or Health of the main battery pack). Sure hope this helps. UncD

Return to “Leaf Forum”