Buying 2010 QX56 - Looking for advice?

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
speedfreak81
Car: ???

Looking at a fairly low mile (68k) 2010 QX56 for the wife to play kid duty and possibly as a smallish boat hauler. Zero experience with these SUVs so I'm looking for advice on purchase or staying away, common issues, any pointers would be welcome. Dealer has it listed at $19,495. Seems high to me, was planning on offering somewhere in the $17-18k range.

The QX in question is a silver over black 2010 with second row captains chair option (would have preferred bench).

It's got a fully documented/regular dealer service history, but like a lot of these older vehicles has been sold at auction a few times and is now at a small independently owned dealership. I normally shy away from these types of places but the mileage and service history warrant a look. It is a 4 previous owner truck. Clean no accidents Carfax, but that doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't had paintwork. I'm in the auto/body/detailing industry so I'll do a thorough inspection. Also plan on having a PPI done prior to making an offer.

Couple things that stick out as possible red flags to me:

52k miles
4/14/14 - Power Steering line/hose replaced
5/30/17 - Power Steering hose/line replaced
Do these trucks have a habit of eating power steering lines?

7/7/14 - AC hose replaced
Recharge refrigerant
AC hose assembly replaced
AC hose/lines/seals replaced
7/22/14 - AC/Heat checked

56k miles
7/3/15 - AC Serviced
AC recharged
AC condenser replaced
Seems to me to be a common problem with the AC on this vehicle, something I should be concerned about?

Other noteworthy services above and beyond the normal stuff would be below:

66k miles
4/14/18 - Rear differential serviced/fluid replaced
front brake pads/rotors replaced
radiator/condenser fan motor replaced

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Brian

speedfreak81

Damn....89 views and not one single person has any sort of input. SMH.....

macgiver

These are maybe too many red flags - 4 prev. , price def high , mucho auction "activity", all those ac / ps hoses usually get "bungled-up" and leak with some sort of g-shock / accident - that could've easily been concealed by one of the "four" previous , like someone with $$$$$ pay under the radar that Carfox won't pickup. Yeah , check it all out , getting the price down especially for starters is the go /no-go test.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

That's way high.

I'm not well-versed on the QX market, but I bought a one-owner 2010 LS460L (original sticker $82k) with 90k miles and full service history for $15k this year.

Those small dealers typically get cars that the larger dealers shy away from, and they mark 'em up hard to stay afloat.

Check KBB, of course, but I'd start at $14k and work from there.

speedfreak81

Thanks for the replies.

There is also a black '10 at a dealer local to this one, that only has 53k miles on it, and is a one owner vehicle. It's also AT an Infiniti dealer. Now, they are asking $20,948 which is higher. I also am not keen on having a black vehicle.

Here is the link to the black one. What does everyone think is a fair offering price for this one?
https://www.herbchambersinfinitiofbosto ... exan908696

macgiver

Boston area ? Creates rust buckets reeeal quick , poor gas mileage telle'm $ 16,300- point everything out be
on your A game .

carldu
Car: 08 Titan

Any update OP? What year model did you get?

speedfreak81

Ended up picking up a one owner Grey over Black 2010 at an Infiniti dealer in Westchester PA at the end of August. Very well taken care of. Sold new originally at that dealer, serviced there throughout its ownership, and traded in when they decided it was time for a new one.

78k miles, it’s been great. Had it professionally detailed, 3 stage paint correction and ceramic coatings put on the paint, wheels, and glass. 3 day Leatherique treatment on the leather interior, also added 3M Crystalline window tint and some Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires.

Is there a way to post pics from my phone that aren’t hosted somewhere? If so I’ll drop some in here.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”