Buy some Hornets get a Kitty for free!

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

http://www.weeklystandard.com/...?pg=1

A friend at work sent this to me a couple weeks ago. I apologize for the late news. Tonight I am going to look up to see how Sec. Gates did with pitching this idea to the Indian Navy. Here are a couple of observations that I had, what to see what others people come up with...

1. The Indian Navy was always fond of purchasing British weapons as well. 2. The Russians never used (to my knowledge) the naval variant MIG-29 on its carriers. It used the SU-27K and scrubbed the program before the MIG-29K's were delivered. We will see how it goes for the Indian Navy.3. "As reported by Russian military analyst Aleksandr Golts, 'the money [$1.5 billion] was allocated, but the work was never done.' OOOPS! With that big of a mess up, if I were Indian I would has for a Admiral Kuznetsov class of carrier. Not the junk they are trying to buy now. What is with India buying everyone's old outdated carriers, like the British Hermes class carriers (INS Viraat). Heck, the Chinese got the Varyag which was the second in the Kuznestov class that was abandoned by the Soviets and later given to Ukraine. Maybe the INS should use its (already proven) VSTOL aircraft on the Gorshkov instead of the MIG-29s.

But a Kitty Hawk with 65 Super Hornets... That is an incredible deal... This will be interesting to watch. Would be interesting if the JFK went to India as well.bud

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

What in the heck does India need a naval power for? They are not a world power. Do they have any overseas interest to protect? Or are they simply trying to escalate the India/Pakistan problem?

My initial opinion is go for it. Provided of course, they pay for it.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

As I have pointed out, they had an old Hermes Class Carrier that they bought off the UK. Apparently, they are upgrading their carrier. A lot of Navies are going back to not having one at all.

Why would they need one? POS (Protection of Shipping) and MSO (Maritine Security Operations) in the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Our Navy does the same thing all around the world. The Indians have a pretty large fleet of Naval warcarft.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

They are a nuke power and have had a relatively strong airforce for a while.Not sure about their navy.

I also like the generic "it's all America's fault" thinking of the Russian people when their problems have nothing to do with us at all. Bob, what can we do to help boost up our image to the Russian people when we are not causing their problems anyway?

Sorry, couldn't help myself

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

audtatious wrote:Bob, what can we do to help boost up our image to the Russian people when we are not causing their problems anyway?

Sorry, couldn't help myself
Fair question. I think we have to start one erson at a time. Look at this site and I think you'll understand!

http://www.anastasia-international.com/

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

lolz

No thanks. My wife takes enough of my money as it is

Return to “Politics Etc.”