Buy a gun day Aug. 28 2007

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
4cefed
Car: 92 240SX Coupe
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

Well folks, Jesse Jackson is at it again. To be honest, I haven't yet found the full details on this one, but in short it seems Mr. Jackson has started a campaign to "shut down" a gun store in Chicago. He has also planned protests in 25 other cities. He is pushing for national tight gun control regulations in some misguided attempt at reducing crime. I've found a few links talking about it, but his own organization's page won't load for me.

http://armsandthelaw.com/archi...p.php

http://www.rainbowpush.org/FMP...-find

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/arti...4.DTL

This is what I've found so far, and there's a thread on The High Road here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=288616

So in protest of this "protest" I plan on buying a firearm of some sorts on that day. I would urge everyone that believes in freedom, and that can legally purchase a firearm, do so on this day. Don't have that much cash budgeted you say? Well, how about some ammunition, scope, holster, etc.? Even stopping at your local shop or range to find out information on classes, competitions, hunting or sport shooting would be a good gesture.

At any rate, do your own research, and please THINK FOR YOURSELF! Remember, the second amendment ensures all the rest.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

I hope my money situation permits it...probably a good time to get another Moisin Nagant rifle...100 bucks for pure awesome.

Bwana
Car: Denali

I haven't purchased a gun in a while... lol

skylndrftr
Car: 07 Versa S / 2010 Ariel Atom (pending...)

do you have a purpose for owning said gun?

Its one thing to protest voting rihts you actually NEED that but your proposing buying a gun as a form of protest? Thats kinda creepy in my mind.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

it's like buying another car, why do I really need it when I've got two?

Bwana
Car: Denali

I have a deer/antelope gun, a varmint gun, a couple "plinking" guns (.22).

I'd really like to pick up a good shotgun, for upland bird hunting...

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Wait! I cry foul. I thought the Rev. Jackson advocated that all the illegal guns in Chicago came from Indiana? So why does he need to shut down Chicagoland gun stores? Why doesn't he come south to Indiana and fight to take our gun rights away? Because he has no political clout in Indiana.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

skylndrftr wrote:Its one thing to protest voting rihts you actually NEED that but your proposing buying a gun as a form of protest? Thats kinda creepy in my mind.
Yet you probably have no problem with people voting in an election that have no clue about the issues of the campaign and the candidates involved. All of our Constitutional Rights are coequal to each other and you don't need to have a reason to exercise them. We think people voting is good for our country, to help continue the Federal Representative Republic. But buying guns? Not so good for our Republic. Why is that?

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Mr1der wrote:I hope my money situation permits it...probably a good time to get another Moisin Nagant rifle...100 bucks for pure awesome.
+1

I've been trying to find the time to head over to a great vintage gun store that is like 25 miles from me. They have tons of M1's, M-N's, Mauser 98's, etc...

eazye2000
Car: S13 KA-DET

Well I'm down for it. I need another target rifle. That would be a good excuse/reason to get one.

Now check this out....I live on an Air Force Base. Ironically... they take our guns, and lock them up in a locker at the cop shack even though they are our personal guns. Kinda sucks, but I still got my paintball gun locked and loaded here at the house for any said varmint or neighborhood child problems.

JustinStrife
Car: '99 FRC. 402, Vortech T-Trim @ 12psi = 706rwhp/621rwtq

Been saving up for a Kimber or Springfield 1911 .45acp and wouldn't mind getting a glock .40 while I was at it for carry.

bobotech

Maybe I will finally place an order for my 11 receivers that I need to complete my collection of AK47s on that day. That would be nifty.

Not sure if I need 11 or 12.. Need to check my kits.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Hell, maybe I'll buy TWO guns. You know, one for each and all.

Why? BECAUSE I CAN!

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Andy, i'm heading out the door, move this to outdoors after these peeps have had time to see this message

-Dan

bobotech

Why move this to the outdoors forum???

Ugh.

I miss particapating in the gun threads but none ever seem to come to general chat anymore.

Why not just leave it here so everyone can see it.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

damn, I'm coming home 3 days after that, and would love to buy a gun to protest a bunch of tree hugging hippies. ITS WIN WIN! You get a gun, and get to say "STFU!"

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Dano wrote:Andy, i'm heading out the door, move this to outdoors after these peeps have had time to see this message

-Dan
Whoa! Hey hey hey! Don't boss me! Just because you're a dorkass admin now doesn't mean I'm your pissboy.

Love ya Dano...

S13FX
Car: '69 l20b Dimeski :)

You know whats crazy.

Today on my way to work for no reason at all I was thinking about gun controll and how stupid all these people are about it.

First of all don't they realize that there is more guns out there bought on the street illegally then there actually is registered ones and bought legally.

Second of all if they actually checked who the hell they sell the guns to maybe they would have less problems.

I mean this dude is so mother fwackin stupid I hated that guy since day one I moved to this country, his just a plain out stupid *** mother ****er who is still butt hurt about the whole slavery thing back in the days that I really don't even care to remember about.

Plus this just shows that honestly I don't think that dumb fwaker ever even held a firearm in his hand.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

repo man wrote:
Whoa! Hey hey hey! Don't boss me! Just because you're a dorkass admin now doesn't mean I'm your pissboy.

Love ya Dano...
heh, especially because you currently have guns... and he does not.

Except for maybe the 2 between his elbows and shoulders

4cefed
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

Wow, I can't believe the response I've gotten from this already. No warfare, flaming, or complaining yet.

Well, I actually read Mr. Jackson's web page and although it's not as militant as I feared, still, give 'em and inch and they take a mile. And I think history and the stats agree that tighter gun control leads to more crime, because criminals aren't stupid.

Anybody watch Penn and Teller's Bullsh*t? They did a great episode last season on why gun control is bullsh*t. They had an interesting idea. Something like 80% of all violent crime is directed at women. That includes rapes, assaults, muggings, and whatnot. Now if every woman who met legal requirements was issued a gun, and even if only half of them actually carried their gun, and you wanted to rape someone, would you take a 50/50 chance at getting shot?

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

Guns are good... Just dont be stupid with it. I carry and I sleep with one next me on the end table. The others are in the case. But I rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Urabus GodofTraction
Car: 2002 WRX Wagon, 2004 SV650, 1988 Land Cruiser, 1994 XR600R

JustinStrife wrote:Been saving up for a Kimber or Springfield 1911 .45acp and wouldn't mind getting a glock .40 while I was at it for carry.
Now that I'm fast approaching pistol buying age, I've been looking at them with serious intentions (as opposed to just drooling). What I've found, is that the good 1911 variants cost way, way too much, compared to a Glock 21. For the best 21 you can buy, you're looking at less than $600. That's entry level 1911. Let's not forget the .45 GAP. Su-weet. Now, I can totally understand if you just want the 1911 because they're awesome.

JustinStrife
Car: '99 FRC. 402, Vortech T-Trim @ 12psi = 706rwhp/621rwtq

charlieo wrote:
Now that I'm fast approaching pistol buying age, I've been looking at them with serious intentions (as opposed to just drooling). What I've found, is that the good 1911 variants cost way, way too much, compared to a Glock 21. For the best 21 you can buy, you're looking at less than $600. That's entry level 1911. Let's not forget the .45 GAP. Su-weet. Now, I can totally understand if you just want the 1911 because they're awesome.
I wouldn't go with anything less than a .357 or a .40 for defense. I also like the fact that you can get the 1911 variations in anysize you want, and there's adapters for .22, 9mm, .357, etc. Not to mention the aftermarket support. You can build them as you want.

When it comes to price, look at what everybody spends on coilovers, motor swaps, brake upgrades, tires, wheels, front ends, etc, then tell me if 600-1200 dollars is that much for a gun that might possibly save your life? I'll bite the bullet and get what I'm most comfortable with. Especially if it knocks my target way the freak back.

bobotech

One nice thing about guns is that they are an investment to me. Guns never go down in value, they only appreciate.

So I can enjoy my hobby and not lose money whereas you lose money in car hobbies.

Urabus GodofTraction
Car: 2002 WRX Wagon, 2004 SV650, 1988 Land Cruiser, 1994 XR600R

JustinStrife wrote:I wouldn't go with anything less than a .357 or a .40 for defense. I also like the fact that you can get the 1911 variations in anysize you want, and there's adapters for .22, 9mm, .357, etc. Not to mention the aftermarket support. You can build them as you want.

When it comes to price, look at what everybody spends on coilovers, motor swaps, brake upgrades, tires, wheels, front ends, etc, then tell me if 600-1200 dollars is that much for a gun that might possibly save your life? I'll bite the bullet and get what I'm most comfortable with. Especially if it knocks my target way the freak back.
Of course. However, the Glock 21 is .45 ACP, and the .45 GAP matches ACP. My main complaint with the 1911 is that it's SA only. Not exactly the best choice for carry. And you can't really argue reliability vs. a Glock.

Note: I DO love them, though.

4cefed
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

Not that I'm trying to hijack this thread or anything or start a which gun is best thread, but if you are going to trust your life with something, to me, it will always be my Glock. Don't get me wrong, I like 1911s to plink with, but I'll never trust them. I've seen my father's $1200 Kimber jam right in front of me. The next week he had a GLock 23. I think the 1911s just need a lot of work to break in and whatnot to be as reliable. Just my opinion.

RB20DETodd
Car: Green 92 s13 coupe SE Rb20det

guns i will buy when i move to the mainlandpolytech underfolder with the spike bayonet

deagunov

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

I'd rather have a USP Tactical than some wild customized 1911 as a carry gun.

Smaller, double column mag, same caliber, double action, just as rugged if not more so, etc....

I don't need a Kimber that shoots dime-sized groups for a carry weapon, that's overkill.

I'm not sure how far 1911 customization goes though, for all I know they've figured out ways to impart some of the features I listed above, dunno.....

RB20DETodd
Car: Green 92 s13 coupe SE Rb20det

mp5 sex

bobotech

RB20DETodd wrote:guns i will buy when i move to the mainlandpolytech underfolder with the spike bayonet

deagunov
A real polytech underfolder is going to cost you around 1200 dollars and skyrocket up to 2000 for really nice ones.

The prices of SVDs, NDMs, and real Dragunovs is going up and up as well. I have seen some close at around 3800 dollars.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”