Buy a gun day Aug. 28 2007

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
RB20DETodd
Car: Green 92 s13 coupe SE Rb20det

i saw a un fired ploly tech in a box one day almosed jizzed my pants seriously after having a sar1 im going all out this time

bobotech

An observation about carry weapons. Some guys want to carry the best of the best.

But think about this, what happens if you do have to use your weapon in self defense of some sort? What happens to the gun? It will be confiscated and mgiht not come back to you for a very long time.

What would you rather lose, a 1k or more Kimber or a 300 dollar keltec or other lower dollar weapon?

Thats why I'm going to get a cheap Keltec to carry and eventually build a nice 1911 but not carry it.

Also, Hash, there is a company that builds doublestack frames for 1911 and the matching doublestack magazines.

They are not backwards compatible though from what I hear.

A 1911 isn't all that hard to conceal carry with the right holster. 2 of my friends conceal carry them as does our ROC. The ROC has an old old ww2 era 1911.

bobotech

RB20DETodd wrote:i saw a un fired ploly tech in a box one day almosed jizzed my pants seriously after having a sar1 im going all out this time
Nice!! How much was the polytech?

If the new assault ban does go in effect, you will wish that you bought that one even if it was 1900 dollars.

RB20DETodd
Car: Green 92 s13 coupe SE Rb20det

it was 1400 this was 3 years ago yeah im gonna get one before the bush gets out of office

my old sar1 yes th eunderfolder isnt mounted but had a gunsmith do it once the ban was lifted

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

bobotech wrote:Why move this to the outdoors forum???

Ugh.

I miss particapating in the gun threads but none ever seem to come to general chat anymore.

Why not just leave it here so everyone can see it.
Fine, it can stay, but I don't wanna hear about you missing gun threads or don't view them anymore. The outdoors forum was created for lots of stuff including this, and it's only *gasp* a click away so I don't wanna hear it. IN FACT, there's 3 or 4 threads in there right now you could join in on.

-Dan

4cefed
Car: 92 240SX Coupe
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

Well, I didn't know we had an outdoor section. I was trying to get as much attention as possible and to try and stick up for our rights. Thanks for not moving it.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

4cefed wrote:I've seen my father's $1200 Kimber jam right in front of me. The next week he had a GLock 23.
My pistol has yet to jam.

I just want to point out that a lot of good information about handguns and which one to buy can be found at:zerothread/260641

bud

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

JustinStrife wrote:I wouldn't go with anything less than a .357 or a .40 for defense.
I am a .357 Magnum guy dont get me wrong. But whats inherently wrong with 9mm or 38 Special for self or home defense?

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

nothing if loaded right.

especially for smaller shooters.

as far as carrying a cheap gun if I'm worried about it getting taken away? if the 1000 dollar gun stopped someone from ending my life, it did it's job even if I DON'T see it again. But if it's a justified shooting, you shouldn't even be held overnight.

and carrying a USP Tac concealed...no way...it's a BIG pistol. a 1911 disappears much better due to the slim profile, even a 5 inch Government can be worn inside the waistband....not too comfy, but it can be. A smaller version is a better bet though, I still want to get a nice Kimber commander style pistol, like a Raptor II or Eclipse.

the Polytech is a super nice AK

I thought I was seriously gonna get one for 200 a few weeks ago but was told the wrong gun entirely by the guy I work with...said it was a chinese AK with a folding blade bayonet...turned out to be an SKS

4cefed
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

HEY!1!

Why did this get moved?

D*amnit this isn't just a which gun is better thread, this was about real action people on this forum could take to make thier voices heard. I can't even FIND the outdoor section.

Thanks.......democrat

Mr1der

it's a gun discussion brother...we leave it in gen chat, the die hard liberals *** it up.

Dano

4cefed wrote:HEY!1!

Why did this get moved?

D*amnit this isn't just a which gun is better thread, this was about real action people on this forum could take to make thier voices heard. I can't even FIND the outdoor section.

Thanks.......democrat
Listen, if you can't find the outdoors forum, then your blind and shouldn't be looking to get a gun anyway.

This was moved for two reasons. A) Guns are most-commonly associated with outdoor activities, therefore, it's associated and placed with the 'Outdoor Activities' forum. B) We're cleaning up Gen chat, if you want people to see this thread, TELL THEM TO COME HERE. It's not a gen-chat thread, and people like to screw everything up. So instead of junk hitting the fan in a big debate and us having to come in, lock it, and move it. It's here for everyone to enjoy. This forum is still fairly new and not everyone is aware of it, so now you can go out and spread the word that it's here.

Have a nice day, seriously, it's hot and humid here and I want someone to have a nicer day than i've had.

-Dan

Mr1der

should've been in TN today Dan.

you'd have wished you were in Kansas.

yucky day.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

4cefed wrote:Thanks.......democrat
Not hardly. I'm the one that moved it and I am also an NRA Life Member. And even though I'm a registered Republican, not ALL Democrats are bad mmmkay?

4cefed
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

Dano wrote:
Listen, if you can't find the outdoors forum, then your blind and shouldn't be looking to get a gun anyway.

This was moved for two reasons. A) Guns are most-commonly associated with outdoor activities, therefore, it's associated and placed with the 'Outdoor Activities' forum. B) We're cleaning up Gen chat, if you want people to see this thread, TELL THEM TO COME HERE. It's not a gen-chat thread, and people like to screw everything up. So instead of junk hitting the fan in a big debate and us having to come in, lock it, and move it. It's here for everyone to enjoy. This forum is still fairly new and not everyone is aware of it, so now you can go out and spread the word that it's here.

Have a nice day, seriously, it's hot and humid here and I want someone to have a nicer day than i've had.

-Dan
So I can start a new thread and link to this one? Fine, just don't get pi$$ed when I do it.

4cefed
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

repo man wrote:
Not hardly. I'm the one that moved it and I am also an NRA Life Member. And even though I'm a registered Republican, not ALL Democrats are bad mmmkay?
That was an obscure reference to "American History X"

And the super bad democrats more than make up for the "Hip cultured wana-be I'm-in-college types."

Mr1der

why the hell aren't we talking about the guns we plan to buy?

Dano

4cefed wrote:
So I can start a new thread and link to this one? Fine, just don't get pi$$ed when I do it.
Only if your thread is about something pertaining to that forum. If it's just a link to this thread, i'll move that one too. Sorry to be an *******, but we don't want gen chat cluttered with stuff that belongs elsewhere, it's simple.

-Dan

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Mr1der wrote:why the hell aren't we talking about the guns we plan to buy?
+1I want to pick up a lever action 30-30, and a pump action 12 gauge in the near future.

Dano

XD-40 here, bi-tone service

-Dan

4cefed
03 SRT-4
Various Dodge POSs

Barett .50 single shot if I have the money.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

some day in the future, an old German 8mm Mauser (sp?). My friend has one and god damn, it must have suuucked to be on the other side of that gun.

Mr1der

I'm wanting to say they're ballisticly close to a 30-06...so yeah...it would.

same with the 7.62x54R. Especially the depleted uranium rounds that got made for it...or incindiary.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”