But...I wanted a HEMI!!!!

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

OKay, the HEMI is back and well established. Chrysler puts it in pretty much everything. Even Japanese companies are using Hemi heads. I beleive the VQ has hemi heads. But Dodge just announced the official info on the new Dakota pickup. It doesn't have a HEMI available, because the engine compartment is too cramped due to suspension components. But...even the freakin' station wagon gets a HEMI..... Still seems funny though, that the Dakota, dodge's smaller (not small, just smaller) truck has a higher towing capacity than the Tundra....heh heh. Maybe it doesn't need a HEMI.

Ok...I'll try not to post here about every stupid change I find for next year's models in my C/D.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

most companies are using hemi heads...

Dodge just kinda put the name back on it. the Chrysler Hemi is synonomous with performance though. Thus, they use the name as a marketing ploy. It's working so far.

check this out.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/0407_hemi/

it's not even a real hemi in there....

I kinda wish my car had hemi heads...it'd make plug changing so so much easier!

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I just checked out that link (for some reason the adult filter on the computers at work wouldn't let me go there...go figure). The thing they don't acknowledge is that it's not really the "hemispherical" shape that makes a hemi so unique. It's the fact that the spark plug drops straight down the middle, between the valves, making for better mixture/ignition. The Hemispherical shape is not really necessary. Now, I realize it bears the name HEMI, but really, it has all the necessary features to qualify for Hemi-ness aside from a perfectly hemispherical chamber. Cool article though. I have an article of Car and Driver that shows a side-cutaway of a new 5.7 liter Hemi Magnum combustion chamber. It's actually hemispherical until the valve-area. There, it becomes angular.

Return to “Others”