Busted "flex pipe" under car

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
scottonian
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37

I ran over something on the highway yesterday that ripped a hole in the passenger side "flex pipe" portion of the y-pipe connecting the catalytic converters to the muffler.

I don't even know how to search for the part that needs to be replaced in order to make sure the mechanic is quoting me honestly. He said the entire y-pipe connecting the cat converters to the muffler is a one-piece assembly, and the whole thing needs to be replaced. Any help here?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Hmmm ... he may be partly right. If I am interpreting your pictures correctly, the section is shown inside the sub-box labelled 3 in the part number below, but it is not available separately from the part numbers 5 through 8. But it does not go all the way back to the mufflers.

The closest information I found is here: http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/2012-In ... earching=Y and it does not show a separate part (from what I can tell anyway) for that part of the exhaust.

By the way, this site above (one of our sponsors) is a good source of OEM parts at reasonable prices. You might want to send your pictures to them and see if they have any recommendations.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”