Bumper Guard/Splash Guards

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bigkev

Preparing to purchase the 2009 SL. Thoughts about the bumper guard and splash guards. I'm especially curious about the bumper guard. Looks as if if just snaps in place. Anyone out there have it? Need some thoughts on this. Thanks...

philipa_240sx

Are you referring to the rear bumper protector? Here is a pic of Eddnog's Rogue with the bumper protector installed:

It's held in place with adhesive 3M tape. It takes just minutes to install. I strongly recommend getting it as it will protect the bumper from scratches. Alternatively if you don't like the black look, you can get the protector painted. An more invisible solution would be to install a strip of 'clear bra' plastic film. Most places that do window tinting can install this for you.

As for the splash guards, they are held in place with screws. The fronts are easy: remove the existing screws, install splash guard, re-install screws. The rears require you to drill 3 small holes into the plastic bumper, install clips, the guard, then secure with screws. The holes needed to be drilled are marked with dimples so it's impossible to mess it up.

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I just noticed that on the 2009 Rogue, the splash guards and bumper protector are not standard with the AWD SL with premium package, they must be purchased separately. Was this the case with the 2008 Rogue? Because mine has both, and I know I didn't pay anything extra for them. So I'm starting to wonder if the dealer forgot to put them on the car's invoice.(I have the US model)

mx6bfast
Car: 08 Rogue SL FWD

Nick 568 wrote:I just noticed that on the 2009 Rogue, the splash guards and bumper protector are not standard with the AWD SL with premium package, they must be purchased separately. Was this the case with the 2008 Rogue? Because mine has both, and I know I didn't pay anything extra for them. So I'm starting to wonder if the dealer forgot to put them on the car's invoice.(I have the US model)
They were both upgradeable options.

Both of them are on my Rogue. The splash guards aren't that big of a deal to me, but the bumper protection was. I can't tell you how many times already I have pushed something over the guard that probably could've scratched the car if they weren't there.

philipa_240sx

The splash guards were standard equipment on all Rogue's sold in Canada, they were optional accessories in the US. The bumper protector is an optional accessory on all Rogue's.

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Interesting...so I guess they were never added to the spec sheet, and I got them for free. :D

Return to “Rogue Forum”