Bull bars anyone?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Nissannate25

Anybody install a bull bar on their Rogue yet? I kind of like the looks of them, there are a few manufacturers making them right now. I'm considering picking one up, just wanted to hear other peoples experience with them.Thanks much

Roguemeister

Funny you should post this. I was just at my Nissan dealer the other day asking about Bull bars for the Rogue. I kinda like the looks as well in a polished chrome. However, as the guy told me at the dealership, these are bolted onto the frame and if you ever did hit something, you run the possibility of some frame damage. After hearing that, I decided against putting one on.

Nissannate25

Ouch, good pt. I was thinking that the brackets for it may be too flimsy also, I don't know the weight of the individual bars. You bring up a great point with the frame damage though, I would have never thought of that.

Leo2005

I was thinking about it for a long time but ordered it 2 days ago. I don't know when I'm going to install it but later will post a pictures. There's also a bar I've seen on eBay for rear bumper but kinda looks ugly in my opinion.

Nissannate25

Which one did you get? I know Romik, Steelcraft, Black Horse Offroad and some knock offs make them. I don't know which ones are good manufacturers, I'm coming to the Rogue from a tuner car so I'm a bit lost, lol. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...123That's the Black Horse Offroad one, no clue if it's quality or not.
Modified by Nissannate25 at 9:13 AM 11/23/2008

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I can't imagine the Rogue with a bull bar, it just seems silly to me to put it on a car like ours. But definitely post pics, Leo. I would like to see how it looks.

Actually, I found a pic of one that someone posted in an older thread.

Modified by Nick 568 at 10:38 PM 11/22/2008

Leo2005

This is exactly what I ordered from eBay. BTW comparing pics with Nick the bull bar is longer than the one that I ordered. I wonder if I could order the same one for the rear :D

Nissannate25

^I think that's the Romik one. I like the longer look of that as opposed to the ones I see on the bay.
Modified by Nissannate25 at 10:05 AM 11/23/2008

Leo2005

It is wider but it is lower one. I don't think I will feel bad as soon as I install what I ordered.

tinstar
Car: 2008 nissan rouge sl orange alloy

I like the look of the Bull Bar on the Rouge. It gives the Rouge a "tough appearance", not so girly look.

Nissannate25

I think I may pick one up. I kind of like the powdered coated black color as opposed to the chrome. I definitely think it looks nice with the Rogue's front end.

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

i was told by insurance company my rates may be raised if i install any bars around car as they told me bars do much more damage to car as they said in low speed crash bumpers may survive without any damage but with bar they will be crushed also if bar goes around fenders your fenders will be damaged to and hood to so why pay for something that can total your car and increase your insurance premiums ? and also for toyota rav4 owners if any they pay more money for insurance because spare tire is attached to back door and that increases risk for insurance company if you park at street and suv behind you is tryng to fit in and pushes your tire a little you are going to need major body work done because it will damage entire door may sound crazy but thats what insurers say

Leo2005

so if somebody hit rav4 without spare tire it will be less damage? sounds like BS. insurance is tryin to get amap from you.

Nissannate25

+1. That sounds like a load of crap to me too.

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

it did sound like bs for me to but I just spoke to body shop owner who happens to be good friend of mine and he did confirm that bull guards are not guards at all they damage car much more they are not made from strong materials and are very lightweight they bend very easy in crash over 20 mph and most of them are attached to frame so in fender bender can become major repair just call someone in your local body shop they should confirm

Return to “Rogue Forum”