building a head

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
jetblacknismo
Car: my wife, my truck, my dog

hello all, im new here so go easy on me. im picking up a used cylinder head from a guy and i want to make it into a performance head. you know, port and polish, valve job, cam, springs, valves, everything. i need some pointers on how to get going with this. like locating some of the parts, pricing, and stuff like that. any help would be greatly appreciated.

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

I see you are from Washington!! Welcome to the club!!

Check the Yellow Pages locally for Performance Engine Development (PED) in Puyallup. They can tell you-specifically what you can do with the head and quote the job-tell you what shops are more local to you that can do the work.

jetblacknismo

thanx mr. smith. i just picked up the head today. since it has the cam still in it , cant i have a machine shop regrind that one or use it as a core for another one?

jetblacknismo

im gonna start tearing down this head now. are there any dos and donts as far as that goes, or do i just tear it all down and clean it up? also, how do i kow what year this came off of? are the 240 ka heads the same as the hardbody heads? the head has "40f 4r" stamped into it . some one please help. thanx

jetblacknismo

so nobody has anything for me? mr. smith told me to call ped, but they kinda just gave me the run around. i thuought thats what these forums are for? getting info. i think ill just try the 240 or ka forums.

Stormy
Car: What do you think?

Do the porting yourself...

jetblacknismo

thats the easy part bro. i want to oversize the valves as well. thanx for the reply though, at least some one did.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”