Building a 1/32nd scale 1961 Bluebird slotcar

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

Slot Car: An electric scale car/truck that runs in a grooved track. If anyone has ever looked at this hobby they know it can pretty expensive. For the adventurous there is the custom route which is why I thought someone in the Datsun side of our NICO forum might be interested in what I am doing with my own lil'datsun. Ok so it's not a metal body but I have to admit the detail on this kit is pretty good for $12.00.

I started with a chassis from Slot-it (seen above) and after some heavy modifications I was able to get it to fit in the Bluebird shell. The motor I selected is a 25,000rpm unit that means it will run 100 feet of track in under 8 seconds. (So yeah it will be fast). Anyway this is what I have done so far.

Sitting low on a set of red-line BFG T/A's. (no lie, tread and name brand are all there).

I was going to use the wheels that came with the model, but they are just too small to work effectively on the track.

I am building a desert race course for rally type cars so it was a happy coincidence that the decal sheet is semi-rally. Now I just need to make some custom decals for true rally sponsors.

If you want to look into some of the old Datsun models that are out there I did find this website(3 articles) on the BRE racers. This guy is amazing at what he can build and most of it from scratch!http://www.mgussin.freeuk.com/...n.htmh ... m/...a.htm

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Absolutely awesome

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

that's pretty sweet.

they have any other old Japanese stuff?

a 2000GT and Kenmari Skyline would be sweet.

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

As a matter of fact the model manufacturer has several other old 60's era datsun's including 2 Skylines and a Fairlady 2000.

dreinecke

That is very nice!

I just created and cast this 1/32 slot car:

The 620 truck is a fantasy livery as it obviously never raced, however, as I raced the AFX HO Scale 510 and 620 as a kid, I thought it was fitting!

I love these little Datsuns!

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

dude!

that's freakin' sweet!

you sir are a glorius model crafting nerd.

I wish I had the patience and skill to do that though....

I need to attempt to build a Lego Dime...

Return to “Datsun Chat”