Bug invasion! Help me!?

Home project-related forums. Woodworking, home improvement, landscape, and cooking discussion forum. Yeah, car guys cook.
petricabilo
Car: nisan

My house has been COMPLETELY taken over by bugs.
Ants, Roachs, and other things (grasshopers, spiders, etc.)
I don't know why, but they won't go away! Me and my mom have tried just about everything! Bug bombs, roach traps, and the bug spray.
I cannot put my soda down, because only seconds later, it will be COVERED in ants! I can't even drink a soda, without making sure there isn't any bugs in it!
My kitchen and bathroom are impossible to go into at night, and sometimes even in the daytime. When I go into the kitchen, I will find bugs eating crumbs, or each other. And even see them having a freaking 0rgy on my kitchen floor!!!
Me and my mom are VERY clean, the bugs have been here since we first moved in, due to the flithy people that lived here last. When we moved in, it took us a year to clean it! There was trash everywhere, and food molded and stuck to the walls, and ceilings. And it seems that whoever lived here last didn't know how to unclog or flush a toilet.
I am fed up with the bugs, and am wanting to move out of my own house because of them.
Bug control is too expensive, so I want to know if there are any products that work very well that I can use.

carloslebaron
Car: 95 Nissan pickup XE

Any product to kill the bugs will work fine, but you must do something to stop their return.

One of the best solutions is caulking.

Look, the bugs are using holes in walls, under cabinets, behind the floor molding, etc. to hide or escape from pesticides, so you must cover those cracks and spaces with caulking. The caulking gun costs no more than five bucks, and the cheaper caulking tube costs about two bucks.

Also, it appears that they are attracted to the smell of their own poo poo, a poo poo that they left on walls and floors, you might notice small residuals where the roaches hung around. You should wash or paint the whole wall after the caulking job.

Remove drawers and cover with caulking every space under the kitchen cabinets, inside and outside of them.

Use caulking for bathrooms, and cover the junction between cabinets with the walls, the toilet with the floor, the cover plates of the shower valves, etc. You can ask to the hardware sales man about the best caulking, don't use the regular one because being in constant contact with water requires a special kind of caulking.

Try to do the same outside, using caulking for exterior use. When you cut off the end mouth of the caulking tube, try to do it in angle and a very small exit, like 2mm, enough to introduce the gun's needle to break the interior seal. Doing so you will avoid the spread out of too much material. After you have covered the cracks and junctions with caulking, use your finger to push the material inside, try to do the cleanest job you can achieve, in case you don't want to paint the walls as the second step.

I can't guarantee that the bugs will be gone completely but surely their presence will drop more than 90%, because you will close their hiding places.

It is a big job, but is a job that last for years, until the caulking looses its properties and cracks as well or gets apart according to the motion of walls and floors through the years.

Return to “Around the House”