Bucket seats for my 85 720 King Cab

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
spddm0n
Car: Xterra(s) (multiple), 720 Pickup

Hey all -

I am in need of a couple good bucket seats for my pickup. Does anyone know what other vehicles would have a compatible bucket seat - that will bolt right in? There aren't many 720's around my area in the salvage yards. :)

Thanks!!

humfrydog
Car: lowrider 1984 standard cab 720 with a 5 inch chop
1985 fleetside bed and so much more!!!
1984 king cab 4x4
1982 Datsun king cab 4x4

Off the top of my head I dont know of direct bolt in seats. But you can pt many seats in with mild modifications. Usually drill a few holes and add new bolts. Where are you located? Whats your budget? At a Pick n Pull yard ( where yu pull your own parts) seats run around $45-$60 each, $60-100 each at ther yards. Geting your old seats recovered depending on who does it can run from 300 to 1000 deending on vinyl, cloth, leather and complexity. Do you want low bak buckets, high back buckets, no head rests, removable head rests, permanent head rests? Speakers in the seats, heated, cooled, ventilated?

So if you dont mind doing some work there are many options at a pik n pull, if you like a sporty look with speakers in the headrest look for mid 80s pontiaac fiero seats ( dtilling holes and a spacer on one corner to install) takes a afternoon to do.

If your color specific in seats roa a few pick npull yards and look at imports and domestics, take measurements off your existing seats, sisde to side , front to back, seat to top of head rest/top of seat. Nothing worse then falling in love with a set of powered bucket seats out of a cadillac or lincoln only to find they wont fit.

In closing, initially decided what are what haves and what are negotiable. Ask yourself these questions.

1. How much do I have to spend on seats?
2. Do i want to do any labor? A little or alot? (examples: pull seats from junkyard or pay someone to pull the? drill and mount them? Fabricate and weld if needed?)
3. Is color, height,width, lumbar support, head rest, heated, speakers, electric, leather,, vinyl or cloth type a must have? (example: I want low back buckets in tan, prefer cloth inserts , but vinyl or leather is fine.)

Once you answer these 3 questions you should have a good idea what you want. Dont rule out ebay with "nearest" in search peramiter ( seats are heavy and expensive to ship), craigslist and facebook marketplace are possible sources of seats already puled and ready to go.

humfrydog
Car: lowrider 1984 standard cab 720 with a 5 inch chop
1985 fleetside bed and so much more!!!
1984 king cab 4x4
1982 Datsun king cab 4x4

Ok I found that seats from a datsun 300zx and they bolt in 3 out of 4 holes, you can get electric and they look great. hope that helps.

kim mcreynolds
Car: 1982 720p/u sd22

Isuzu Rodeo Hond passport. The fronts are exact fit then a small extender or drill new holes for the back.

Thumbs75
Car: 1985 720 4x4

Dodge neon seats fit with a very slight widening in the rear of the dodge brackets.

Return to “Datsun 720”