Broken turbo VG30DETT

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
ljenster
Car: Mx-5 with a z32 turbo

I have a turbo that has major leakages etc, and damaged shaft. I was wondering if I could get this rebuilt, because a company is trying to rebuild mine for a good month or 2 now but he can't find the shaft he needs to rebuild the turbo.

I believe it's a stock vg30dett turbo

I hope you guys know more about this turbo and can help me find a solution for this problem :/

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

He's either lost the parts or screwing with you, rebuilding a factory t25/22 for the VG30dett requires new bushings and journal bearing, I have never heard of one needing a new shaft unless it was damaged during or after removal. A proper rebuild also requires the assembly to be balanced after assembly so if this guy is working out of his garage and doesnt have the right tools I would walk away. Lastly, these turbos can be head used in running condition for fairly cheap, even new they are not very expensive (in the grand scheme of things) so maybe you should look at getting a new or reman unit. or better yet getting a garrett OEM NIB center cartridge and replacing it.

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”