broken sunroof switches...i have an idea...

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
heywier427
Car: 91 Q45

drill small holes in side of switch. fig A break off existing broken hinges. B run custom bent paperclip though drilled holes, through hinge holes and down other side. C i havent yet tried it but no reason it wouldnt work and be stronger than stock. give me a week or so and ill repost the results.

heywier427

works perfectly! but of course my freaking camra batteries were dead! tomorrow.

heywier427

finally got batteries. the metal wires will push into the sides more tightly when you press the switch back into the map light assb. you cant see them at all. if your anal like me you can touch them up with a black sharpe. works like a charm!

lino
Car: 1991 Q45a Fed-Spec, IQP/White, Texasoil 9 Accumulator Recharge, '93 TCU 1st Gear Start, JWFSB, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, BBS Forged Wheels, DRLs, Silverstars, Tint, Very Well Serviced.

What exactly happened to your sunroof switch?

heywier427

although this hasent happened to mine, it is a common problem with the brittleness of the plastic hinges. it seems to me youve got to be pretty careless to break it, but stupid is as stupid does. i got this one out of my parts car and thought to my self...i can fix this. i always see people wanting to buy them so i thought id use my brain for good n stead of evil

BlackBirdVQ
Car: 93 G20, 94 Q45, 00 Altima, 01 Maxima- quite a few

heywier427 wrote:although this hasent happened to mine, it is a common problem with the brittleness of the plastic hinges. it seems to me youve got to be pretty careless to break it, but stupid is as stupid does. i got this one out of my parts car and thought to my self...i can fix this. i always see people wanting to buy them so i thought id use my brain for good n stead of evil
I seen them in the classifieds also ! I went to my local dealer and got the switch for like 30 bux last year and it took me whole whoppn 2 min to put it in. I don't even think its worth fixing the damn thing, just bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Jesda

Quite clever! This would have saved me $36 in 2004.

heywier427

30 bucks! i didnt even know they were that cheap! i just saw the demand for them. but yea if mine was broken id would have just bought it too!

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”