Broken screw on plastic radiator shroud piece?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Cohaagen
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x

Howdie y'all

I was doing a serpentine belt tension adjustment on my '08 M35x and had to remove the black plastic shroud part (under the hood) that sits on top the radiator. It looks like its an extension for the air intake and has a foam wrapped connection that goes into the main air intake. It's held in by 1 screw on either side (2 total) of the part. Anyway, while screwing it back on, one of the screws broke. Ugh.

I don't have a screw/thread gauge. If I was guessing, I'd say that it's a m6x1.0 (10mm, Phillips hex head), 2" long. I was hoping someone here could give me a online source for the exact screw that fits here. I'm current in a remote location, so I don't have many local options.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

If I'm understanding your post, can't you just remove your good screw and go to Lowes/Home Depot and use their thread size board?

Cohaagen
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x

Like I said, I'm in a remote location and do not have access to a Home Depot/Lowes or even small, ma and pa hardware store.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”