broken rod

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
drifter183

dose any 1 else experiance broken rods i have gon through 2 motors both times were when i was drifting

allso i am planning on getting the venom vcn 2000 kit for a 70 hp shot what am i going to have to get redone or foged? thanx any info would help:help

ennui
Car: Cars, computers & snowboarding

Are you redlining your engine? I know when I'm drifting sometimes I will forget to watch my RPMs and thus forget to let off the gas a little.

Daunttless

a baffled oil pan would help that. When you drift all the oil sloshes to one side from the g force and is unable to get pumped thru the engine. This causes you to spin a bearing which in turn causes you to snap a rod. You may wish to get the oil pan before you try to drift with NO2. Also, I would get some forged internals while you already have your engine apart, especially if you want to put in the nitrous, you may wish to do a rebuild on all the gaskets and what not. Your crank bearings are probably destroyed too.

dorifkin

I wish I had enough control to be able to drift with nitrous. I think your pistons would need most of the attention if your looking into some nitrous action, along with the oil pan already mentioned.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”