Broken Coil Spring

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
ash10hunt
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45

Recently I was working on my Q when I noticed the front driver's side coil spring was broken near the bottom. I scoured the internet for a bit and couldn't find anything in the way of replacement springs. Does anyone know if there's any other car springs that work in substitution? I honestly wouldn't mind a bit more stiffness or height for my bigger wheels. It might be kind of a dumb post but I appreciate any input. Thanks everyone!

Ryantzer
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45

Amayama should have a new replacement OEM spring available, but it's not going to be cheap and their shipping times lately have been longish (3-4 weeks). Looking up the part number and Googling it should tell you what's available out there. Finding a a used one might be cheaper and quicker, although depending on what part of the country you're in finding one that's not rusty could be an issue. Car-part.com and Row52.com are good sources to search for used parts.

ash10hunt
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45

Awesome, thanks for the info!

98_Q45

Any updates on this?

I been contacting like a dozen strut/coil companies and can’t find a single one that makes the coils. I don’t understand why there’s no complete kits out there besides the $1,200 ones and another for around $600 but you have to buy the whole set and I believe get some one to weld the spindles onto the front.

I ended up settling for another pair of rear Gabriel’s and going to have the bearing/Mount piece replaced versus the actual spring. I think that should buy some time for awhile…

Idk what I’m going to do next time I have to change the front shocks. But so far, I had the Mount and kit redone already. The Springs however don’t seem to be cushioning pot holes as much…but the shocks are still holding up

Ryantzer
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45

It’s far more likely that your shocks are worn out than your springs.

98_Q45

Ryantzer wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:03 am
It’s far more likely that your shocks are worn out than your springs.
Well, last year I was having issues getting a straight alignment, and both of my rear cambers were at like 3-5 degrees and I got a recommendation to replace the springs to “lift” it up. However, it seems the rubber mounts may actually be the cause. No proof but, I just threw it in the cart with the new struts. Not to mention, the ride height isn’t really bad even when I have luggage in the trunk. And even then, it’s not bumping the wheel wells.

I been trying to see if other Nissans of the 2002-2004 era have similar struts. Because they actually have full assembly for those which look very similar. But without seeing them side by side, it’s hard to guess.

UK-SRi
Car: Nissan Cima 2007/2008

Is it a GF50 chassis, if so the 350 z parts are supposed to fit. Look on the Fast systems online, a lot of the comparable parts have the same numbers between them.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”