Broken Antenna in 1996 Path

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
QShip

The antenna on my wife's '96 Pathfinder is broken. The metal casing snapped in half. She pulled it and now the innards (the long white plastic cable inside the metal casing) are showing.

The question is, what do I need to order so that I may fix this?

NISTECH

ok if it isnt all the way out already turn the radio on so it pushes it all the way out. on the very end of the plastic cable is the tip kinda rounded or does it appear to have been snapped in the middle of a gear. if it is rounded you are fortunite and can replace the mast only. You will need to remove the nut on the fender there should be a 3 inch mast sleave attahed to it. push the old mast out of that sleave [the sleave may come off with it thats ok] Then get your new mast slide the sleave over the mast from the top and the nut. have someone climb in the car ,you take the new cable and feed it down into the motor have your helper turn the radio off while you kinda bob the cable in the hole up and down while rotating it till the motor grabs the cable once the motor grabs it let the motor do the work while you just give it the slack it needs to pull it in. once the motor stop, which may be before it draws the whole antenna in, thread the nut on the shaft and secure it. then test your antennas full stroke by turning the radio on let it reach full mast. Then turn the radio off and let it go to full retract. if it does both you got lucky and there are no broken pieces left in the motor.

QShip

NISTECH wrote:ok if it isnt all the way out already turn the radio on so it pushes it all the way out. on the very end of the plastic cable is the tip kinda rounded or does it appear to have been snapped in the middle of a gear. if it is rounded you are fortunite and can replace the mast only.
I'll have to check the end of the cable. The end is still attached to the motor.

I'll look at it as soon as I get home. Thanks much. :)

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”