Broke d!ck racing convertible rollcage

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
fightinchunk

Has anyone tried these rollcages yet for a convertible? just wondering if they fit or not... not too concerned since it's a weld in cage and we can always make modifications if necessary.

http://shop.brokedickracing.com/89-94-2 ... 10642.html

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

That pricing is pretty good. Never had any experience with them myself, but if you tacked on the extra $200 for DOM (which is necessary to run in sanctioned races), and then had it shipped which I would guess in the $100-150 range, wouldn't it be better to have one fabbed at a reputable shop?

But I am curious what kind of experiences some of out members have with BD Racing.

Edit: doing some research and it looks like these won't pass SCCA and NASA tech inspections. They would need to have cross bracing and side impact bars added.

Double edit: i finally found a review with someone having one installed. He said that the cage didn't fit well in his civic and lots of adjustments had to be made, which added money to his install bill. In the end, he said it would have been cheaper to have made it himself.

fightinchunk

my best friend fabs up rally and drift rollcages for broken motorsports here in jersey so we have load of extra dom metal lying around. they have a section for drift/scca/nasa spec rollcages that have the correct cross bracing on the main hoop and side nascar door bars... for 574 in dom material

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”