Bringing my Skyline back to the US *searched*

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
s3cf

Hello,

Already searched and didnt really find the answer that I want. Ok here's the story. I was working in Asia for the past 2 yrs and during the time I was there I bought myself a skyline (1995 skyline GTS25T) as a daily driver. Now I have moved back to California and I want to bring it here as well. I m not going to register or use it on the road here but simply keeping it in my garage only.

So any input from you guys on how to do it?? I mean what procedures or departments I need to go through??

Thanks in advance, any information is appreaciated

Alfador
Car: 1990 240sx Hatch

Essentially... you need some hardcore verification that its not going to be used on the road. You'll spend probably 100 hours on paperwork alone. They'll want proof, and they will check up on you. Your best bet is to declare it for motorsports only use. You're best bet is to call up the DOT and customs and get the info straight from them.

grosspolluter
Car: Nissan Skyline

There are always "people" that will lend a helping hand in exchange for $.

s3cf

grosspolluter wrote:There are always "people" that will lend a helping hand in exchange for $.
my fellow californian, got any more info??

s3cf

Alfador wrote:Essentially... you need some hardcore verification that its not going to be used on the road. You'll spend probably 100 hours on paperwork alone. They'll want proof, and they will check up on you. Your best bet is to declare it for motorsports only use. You're best bet is to call up the DOT and customs and get the info straight from them.
i called one of those importers listed on DOT website and he said only 97-98 skylines are allowed to enter...........

any help my fellow skyliners??

takaramotors
Car: Nissan Skyline PCG10 GTR

my fellow californian http://www.takaramotors.com

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”