Bringing my own synthetic oil to an oil change

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
metallickirby

Hi all,

I'm planning to change to synthetic oil on my next oil change. The problem is I am a total NOOBIE when it comes to car. Seriously. I hear a lot of good things about Royal Purple and plan to switching to that. I know I need the 5w30 but how much do I need to buy for the V?

Also, anyone have experience bringing their own oil to a nissan dealer up here in Canada? Possible discounts?

And since I'm too lazy to start a new thread..... has anyone has any problem/complaints with their AC? I got my V last December so I haven't used AC until like 1 month ago. I noticed that no matter how I long I leave the AC running, once I turn it off, maybe 10 seconds later, It's really hot in the car again. It seems as if it's blowing out cold air, but not actually "AC"ing the car. Don't know if that makes sense. Should I get this checked out when I go for an oil change next time?

bulld0g
Car: 2007 Versa SL " Bulld0g Edition "

5 qts(won't take it all) but they don't sell half qaurts .....and as far as the A/C goes ....do you have the vent to the recirc or fresh setting?.....it should be on the recirc when you are running the A/c

metallickirby

I use recirc when I have AC on. When you guys turn your AC on, and turn it off. How long does it take for the car to get hot again?

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”