Bridgestone Dueler H/P 92A Tires

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
MAQ451990

I own a 2009 FX35 with the Premium and Touring Package options. The vehicle has Bridgestone Dueler H/P 92A tires mounted on it. I am told this is the tire chosen by Infiniti for the 2009-2010 Infiniti FX35 whether you have either the standard 18" wheel or the 20" wheel option. I am writing to get your opinion of the performance and ride quality of this tire.

Living in Massachusetts, there are many miles of patched-up roads. Driving over thse roads with these tires does not make for the most comfortable ride. I realize that I have the 20" wheek option but even when I test drove an FX35 with the standard wheels, it was still a stiff ride. I love my vehicle vehicle but I am a little disappointed with the tire chosen for the vehicle. I previously owned a 2005 FX35 which had the standard 18" wheel package.

I have spoken to a few Bridgestone dealers and to a person at Tire Rack and they all said that this tire is one of is the stiffest and hardest riding tire that Bridgestone makes for this type of vehicle. The Tire Rack rep also said that from the information that he had available, the H/P 92A is probably the stiffest constructed tire when compared to other brands of performance tires. The FX50's that I have seen at my dealer comes with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 tire. The H/L line of tires according to the Bridgestone dealers have a sidewall that is not as stiff as the H/P line and offers a more comfortable ride. According to them, this line of tire would have been a better compromise for the FX35 model.

I would appreciate your comments and would you consider buying them again when your current tires wear out?

yellowbear
Car: EX35

I have a 2010 FX, 18 wheels, with the Bridgestone Dueler tires that came stock with the car. I traded in my EX35 which had Michelins, 18", on the FX. I have to say that the FX rides a little harder than the same size wheels on the EX. The FX Bridgestones rode a little bit harder until the dealer put in Nitrogen. They actually ride softer which I find hard to believe. My recommendation is to keep only 34-35 lbs. cold in the tires and have the nitrogen installed. With this being said I would rather have the Michelins.

Yellowbear

MAQ451990

Yellowbear,

Thank you for your reply. I run my tires between 34-35 psi. I have not read anything about nitrogen softening the ride characteristics of a tire. Everything that I have read about nitrogen pertains to the tire being able to retain the air in it better than regular compressed air.I will check with my local tire shops to see if they are aware of this suggestion. Again, thank you for the suggestion. I too prefer Michelin tires over the other brands.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”