Brett Favre sets new NFL Record

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
UpStar
Car: Y34,CLK500,ML350,H2 Hummer & they all have a spot in the garage.

Brett Favre is the first player to defeat all 32 teams in the NFL.

His next record will be to become the first 40yr old to win a playoff game

RCA

Not really a big deal...

Brady and Manning both have 31, all they need to do is leave their current teams and join another then beat them. It won't happen of course but the record isn't that great...

Brady could of done it when he was 30, but he was a Pat so...

UpStar

until
RCA wrote:Not really a big deal...

Brady and Manning both have 31, all they need to do is leave their current teams and join another then beat them. It won't happen of course but the record isn't that great...

Brady could of done it when he was 30, but he was a Pat so...

How dare you play down a record setting QB like Favre. ...and it is a "big deal" because its never been done in the entire history of the NFL until Favre, or did you miss that part ?

I'm a fan of the game, so I acknowledge all great things from each and every player and team. I admire the play of Tom & Peyton and they've set records of their own, but lets wait and see where they stand once they hit 40 yrs old.

Modified by UpStar at 7:41 PM 10/11/2009

RCA

UpStar wrote:How dare you play down a record setting QB like Favre. ...and it is a "big deal" because its never been done in the entire history of the NFL until Favre, or did you miss that part ?

I'm a fan of the game, so I acknowledge all great things from each and every player and team. I admire the play of Tom & Peyton and they've set records of their own, but lets wait and see where they stand once they hit 40 yrs old.
Well yes, Brett was the first EVER to do it because he has been on such great teams and he has been such a great player that he managed to do this. BUT you do realize what he has done inorder to break this record? He pratically tarnished his image to all Packer fans, and he will NOT have his number retired by the Packers. Manning and Brady won't have the abillity to break this record because they will retire on their current teams and they will not make fools of themselves by comming back and forth from retirement to playing.

Brett is the face of flip-flopping and not only that he is made fun on in a Sears commercial. Manning and Brady will not pull these shananigans. They won't break this record because they aren't fools. This is like having the most career interceptions record, yea it is a record but do you want it?

Brett has them both

UpStar

Your comment is by far one of the most uneducated comments that I've ever heard in regards to a players being pushed out by his former team with a burning desire to still play the game. Calling any football player a fool just because he want to continue playing the game even though he was damn near forced to leave his former team is like me call you an idiot or a fool for eating that second piece of fruit even though you were still hungry. Question:Did Emmit Smith, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Marcus Allen, Reggie White, Brian Dawkins, Ronnie Lott, Tony Gonzales, Deon Sanders, Warren Moon..(I can keep going)...or how about Shaq or Michael Jordan or any other hall of fammers or future hall of famers "tarnish" their reputation by leaving their former team? I'll answer for you…Nope! Oh….and don’t be so quick to say that Brady & Mannig will retire with their current team. With all due respect….that comment is very very ignorant!

Keep in mind that I'm calling your comments ignorant…not you , so hang in there, because you have room to grow with your sports alalogy(sp).

RCA

You might of missed something I wrote...
RCA wrote:and they will not make fools of themselves by comming back and forth from retirement to playing.Brett is the face of flip-flopping and not only that he is made fun on in a Sears commercial.
Brett leaving didn't tarnish his name and that isn't why I called him a fool. It is the way in which he left that tarnished his name. So all this ranting and raving about people who have left their teams on good terms or left because of team trades isn't valid.Also for the record, they didn't kick Brett off the team, here retired and Green Bay gave the reigns to Arron Rodger in order to move the franchise to the future. Brett came out of retirement and was not offered a starting position for the Packers. He didn't want to go away so instead of releasing him, they gave him to the Jets and in return got a 4th round pick. No one put a gun to his head and told him to leave Green Bay, he needed a starting position and they couldn't offer him that, so they sent him somewhere where there was one. Then he retires after having a bicep injury then has surgery and magically appears in Minnesota only when Mini camp was rapping up. As this point he is just being silly, he just retires to miss camp. That tarnishes my view of him. For the record, I love Brett Farve, I am a Jet fan and he showed us some success last season and I love him for it. I also love that he can't quit the game but he can't pull these off season shenanigans every off season.

As for Manning and Brady, you are right, I can't say for 100% that they will stay on their current teams until they retire but when it does happen, will you say remember that thread on NICO, that kid was right. It could go either way but I doubt it will happen and it you can't see that then it is your opinon.

Also you get a for using a food analogy

UpStar

I sorta agree with you, but I do think that the sports media had something to do with it and made into something that it really wasn't. He retired based on his emotions and the dejection from the Packers and the higher ups, but deep inside he wanted to play. He expressed that and came back and I see nothing wrong with it. He actually went to the Jets and tied a record by Joe and now he is in MN taking them to a new level. So far, no one can argue with the result

RCA

UpStar wrote:So far, no one can argue with the result
Seriously he is such a difference maker. I look at Brett like he is my Grandfather so when he succeeds I love it.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

As a guy who's within a few moths of being the same age as Favre, I have to marvel at his performance.

The mental acuity and focus it takes to marshal a 4th-quarter hurry-up offense is phenomenal enough, but to do that AND take the physical pounding that he takes is just superhuman...

There's days when it hurts to get out of bed at 40, and he's throwing blocks on 350-lb defensive backs half his age.

I dig the guy, and I don't give a damn about all the hype about his waffling on retirement... he's great for the game, and you can tell he does it for one reason: The love of the sport.

RCA

AZhitman wrote:and you can tell he does it for one reason: The love of the sport.
He wasn't interested in playing again for any team until the Vikings threw $12 million dollars at him. For the most part I agree with AZ's above statement that I quoted but, the reason why he came back THIS TIME, was definitely money related.

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

RCA

WIN!

UpStar

Just when you though that there were no more QB records to capture............another record for Favre. 21st game with 4 or more TD's in a game ties Marino. Get ready to move over Marino.

RCA

He probably won't put up another 4 TD game but it is amazing to know that he can still do it.

ddrumman
Car: 08 FX35 39,000 mi, 07 G35 55,500 mi, 72 MGB

He was UN...believable. Think about it.

You go in a place that you help put back on the map and instead of being cheered you get booed like nobody's business. Then you go into the game and shut the crowd up. It helps that you have the best running back in football and a great OLine and a few very talented receivers. The Green Bay crowd should have cheered him, in appreciation and gratitude for what he did there all those years during introductions, and then boo him during the game.

I must admit, I was one of those people that was sooooo tired of the saga that is Brett Favre and the fact that he danced around the issue in the beginning of the year just so he could avoid training camp did NOT help him at all, but after all is said and done this guy comes to play.

Also, he's very smart and knew that in Minn he had a much more complete team than in Green Bay. He can have "Favre" moments (meaning bone head int's) in Minn and they can still win where in Green Bay he has to be perfect because GB is not as complete a team.

We can go on and on about this, like when they were good in the late 90s and won the SB there was Holmgren and there was Reggie White and so on. It wasn't just Favre.

I hate the fact that he can be "Terrell Owens like" sometimes w/his drama and admiration junkie $hit but the fact that he has not missed a start in 16 or 17 years whatever the number is, is remarkable.

Bottom line is this guy LOVES to play football and he shows it every time he puts the uniform on.

andrez
Car: 1990 300zx na / 1995 f-150 4x4 / 05 focus xr4 99 blazer s-10 jacked

RCA dude you think the packer fan are hating on brett.........come on.........they know that it wasnt bretts choice to leave it was the dumb@ss gm who for some reason though that brett was done........i think that the pack fans are hating only on the gm.....but they are still packer fans so they will boo brett when he plays against them, but they will root for him every other game.............16 years is hard to forget

UpStar

RCA wrote:He probably won't put up another 4 TD game but it is amazing to know that he can still do it.
whoaaaaaaaaaa! Bold remark!

....and I agree with andrez. The GM pushed him out. In no way was B Favre ready to leave Green Bay and in no way was he "washed up"
Modified by UpStar at 11:19 AM 11/5/2009

ishkabibble
Car: 1992 NX2000 hardtop, 1993 NX2000 t-top, 1997 Infiniti I30t

RCA wrote:He probably won't put up another 4 TD game but it is amazing to know that he can still do it.
I would say the odds are 50% or better for another 4 TD game. Favre has Harvin (Rookie of the Year), Rice, Berrian, Shiancoe, and Lewis to work with. Teams are still stacking the box against Adrian Peterson and going man to man against the receivers. Favre's QB rating is 106.0 so far this year, just .1 behind Drew Brees.

The Vikes are putting up big points pretty much every game, and they are continuing to improve through the season.

RCA

UpStar wrote: whoaaaaaaaaaa! Bold remark! [\QUOTE]
ishkabibble wrote:I would say the odds are 50% or better for another 4 TD game. Favre has Harvin (Rookie of the Year), Rice, Berrian, Shiancoe, and Lewis to work with...
Let me clarify...

I am not saying that he CAN'T throw for 4TDs or that his 4TD performance was a fluke, I am saying with the schedule he has left the odds are he will not need to.

Det, Sea, Chi, Ari, Cin, Car, Chi and NYG. Maybe vs Cincinnati but other then that, they will be crusin. That plus they probably won't be fighting till week 17.

ishkabibble
Car: 1992 NX2000 hardtop, 1993 NX2000 t-top, 1997 Infiniti I30t

He's already logged a couple 3TD games already, and to be honest our running game has been pretty much stuffed during the first half of the season. He will have to take to the air if teams keep stacking the box. The coaches aren't going to pull him from the game until we are up by over 3 scores.

If I were a betting man, I would put money on another 4TD game, it could even happen by tearing up an easy opponent for a half and then going and eating a hot dog on the bench in the second half.

andrez

yo ...you cant possibly think that they are going to "cruise" through the rest of the season ..........did you watch the tampa game?..........on any given sunday any thing can happen and no one can say for sure who will win or who will get hurt ........old bones are old bones and what takes a player a week to heal takes a 40 yo a lot more time

RCA

ishkabibble wrote:If I were a betting man...
We both have PayPal do we not? Let's make it happen.

I bet $20 that Brett Farve will NOT have another 4 passing TD game for the rest of the regular season.

It will be fun.Also I will give you an opportunity to win it back.
andrez wrote:yo ...you cant possibly think that they are going to "cruise" through the rest of the season...
When I said "cruise" I meant that they don't need to do much to make the playoffs. Just remember that my betting is equal opportunity so if you want I will bet you $20 that:The Vikings will make the playoffs and they will not be a wildcard either.

RCA

RCA wrote: I bet $20 that Brett Farve will NOT have another 4 passing TD game for the rest of the regular season.
Well it looks like I was wrong about the Vikings... Some one should of taken this bet.

Appearently the Vikings need 4 passing TDs to beat Seattle by 30 points

UpStar

Despite the nay sayers….. He did it! Step aside Dan Marino. Its official! Another record captured by the Favre! Next:Oldest QB to win a playoff game. Currently, Phil Simms (giants) has the record at 39 yrs old.Oldest QB/player to receive MVP. Currently, Charlie Conerly (giants) 38 yrs old. Oldest QB to win MVP was John Elway at 38 yrs old, so maybe Favre can grab two records at the same time.

I'll bet you 500 paypal dollars that they'll win a playoff game with Favre. The MVP thing is kinda subjective

RCA

UpStar wrote:Despite the nay sayers….. He did it! Step aside Dan Marino. Its official! Another record captured by the Favre!
You mean nay sayer hahaha

But seriously I said that he wouldn't do it because he wouldn't need to do it and not that he couldn't do it. Do you really need 4 passing TDs to beat Seattle? Really? But yea the Vikings just want to put up as many as possible no matter what the score or situation is. My mistake
UpStar wrote:I'll bet you 500 paypal dollars that they'll win a playoff game with Favre. The MVP thing is kinda subjective
I am glad you added that last bit...I was going to say

andrez

yeah i should have bet that 20 ....then i could have bought some dash leds...................crap..........my chargers are still in the hunt though am happy

UpStar

RCA wrote: You mean nay sayer hahaha
I didnt want to directly call you out, but yes... I was directing that at you.

Question...what does the below statement mean? Should Minn not have thrown 4 TD's or what? What gives. If the run game is not working then go to those big time receivers, Right?
RCA wrote:Appearently the Vikings need 4 passing TDs to beat Seattle by 30 points

RCA

Well I made my assumption based on their schedule. Not on Farve's skill. So what I meant was that, yes Farve doesn't need to throw 4 TD passes to beat the Seahawks. If they can't run the ball in November/December then the playoffs will much more difficult. But yea if they can't move the ball running I would expect them to throw the ball but vs the Seahawks I wouldn't guess they would need to do it for 4TDs.

UpStar

New record will be set in two weeks once Favre steps on the field as the oldest(40yrs old) to play in a post season game

RCA

I also I think he just got:Seasons with at least 30 touchdown passes - 9

It is crazy what Frave is doing in Minn...Before this season he has had a total of 21 games with 4 TD passes. In this year alone he has had 3 games with at least 4 TD passes

Return to “The Sports Bar”