BRE or Nismo? What style should I go with?

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance

What do you think I should do?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Modified BRE-Style (original color and ghost black fender stripes).
No votes
Keep Original Color (KN4 "Platinum Gold").
No votes
OE Color with Nismo Graphics.
No votes
Full OE Z33 Silver Alloy (K23) respray with Nismo graphics.
No votes
I don't care, I want a Hot Dog!
100%

Total votes: 1

charsiukitty
Car: 1997 Platinum Gold (KN4) Sentra GXE 1.6, *Possible Future Nissan project here*

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem: I'm planning on having my car re-sprayed and was wondering what I should do. I absolutely love the BRE livery with the red and white two-tone with the blue lower stripes like John Morton's old car, but I love the simplistic nature of the '98+ Nismo stripe graphic. I also want to keep the cost of getting it done as low possible. Above, there are some poll options. Pick the best one that you think might look good on my project. In fact, if you feel like it inspires you to do the same, then by all means, do it.

charsiukitty
Car: 1997 Platinum Gold (KN4) Sentra GXE 1.6, *Possible Future Nissan project here*

So nobody wants to help? Hmm...

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

Pictures would help...

charsiukitty

Paul Wall wrote:Pictures would help...
Yeah, that would help... only thing is my (good) camera battery is dead and I'm not good at photoshop. BTW, why not go to courtesy parts and sample the color/s? Also, if you don't know what the "Nismo" graphics are, you haven't owned your Nissan long enough!

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

I know what NISMO colors look like but I have no idea what BRE looks like.

charsiukitty

Paul Wall wrote:I know what NISMO colors look like but I have no idea what BRE looks like.
Oh, in that case, google "BRE Datsun 510" or "BRE Datsun 240Z" or "Brock Racing Enterprise". In general, the common scheme (i.e. the famous John Morton scheme) is a white base coat with a red roof, hood, trunk, and fender stripe with a blue lower fender stripe. They also have a Baja scheme with a yellow upper section and a second Trans-Am car that had the blue and red sections reversed. My intentions are to use the upper and lower fender stripe sections and paint them in a ghost black with the BRE logo to break the upper and lower sections.

Return to “Detailing Forum”