Brandon Marshall, Donovan McNabb

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

So McNabb gets thrown over to the division Rival Redskins. Does this immediately make them the team to beat in the East division? The Skins have had a vicious Defense for some time now, and the offense has fallen more and more. But Campbell, although not a Great QB, wasn't a bad one either. The teams' priority should have been to build the Offensive line with its combined 50 something years of NFL playing time. If the Redskins had a better O-line, who's to say that the running game wouldn't be able to manage 1 yard per carry more? that would have made many 2nd and 3rd downs shorter and more manageable. It would have meant more 3rd down conversions and more cushion for playaction and passing. When it comes to passing, it would have made it easier if Campbell had one more second to throw the ball. 5% more completions and 2 fewer INTs could mean 3 or 4 more wins solely based on the offense. And another 2 wins from the defense being more rested and ready. I don't think that organization is making the right moves.

Then there's Brandon Marshall. The delinquent, woman abusing moron with no work ethic and a bad attitude. Can Bill Parcells keep him in check? Is he overrated? I think so. In the same division, another young receiver named Vincent Jackson is physically similar to Marshall being 6'5" and 235 lbs. Yet Jackson has better speed to stretch the field and doesn't "take plays off", has an incredible work ethic, is well behaved aside from his DUIs, and is in a contract year. Regardless of whether he gets it or not, does he deserve more money than Marshall? He is a more rounded and talented athlete, and off the field, a better person.

This means that the Broncos may want another troubled receiver, Dez Bryant, with their first pick, and the Dolphins to do what with theirs?

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Poyzinous wrote:So McNabb gets thrown over to the division Rival Redskins. Does this immediately make them the team to beat in the East division? The Skins have had a vicious Defense for some time now, and the offense has fallen more and more. But Campbell, although not a Great QB, wasn't a bad one either. The teams' priority should have been to build the Offensive line with its combined 50 something years of NFL playing time. If the Redskins had a better O-line, who's to say that the running game wouldn't be able to manage 1 yard per carry more? that would have made many 2nd and 3rd downs shorter and more manageable. It would have meant more 3rd down conversions and more cushion for playaction and passing. When it comes to passing, it would have made it easier if Campbell had one more second to throw the ball. 5% more completions and 2 fewer INTs could mean 3 or 4 more wins solely based on the offense. And another 2 wins from the defense being more rested and ready. I don't think that organization is making the right moves.

Then there's Brandon Marshall. The delinquent, woman abusing moron with no work ethic and a bad attitude. Can Bill Parcells keep him in check? Is he overrated? I think so. In the same division, another young receiver named Vincent Jackson is physically similar to Marshall being 6'5" and 235 lbs. Yet Jackson has better speed to stretch the field and doesn't "take plays off", has an incredible work ethic, is well behaved aside from his DUIs, and is in a contract year. Regardless of whether he gets it or not, does he deserve more money than Marshall? He is a more rounded and talented athlete, and off the field, a better person.

This means that the Broncos may want another troubled receiver, Dez Bryant, with their first pick, and the Dolphins to do what with theirs?
As a Giants fan. Washingtons addition of McNabb does make them better. I thought Campbell was pretty good despite having a mediocre offensive line, and was running for his life half the time, but McNabb is a 6 time pro bowler and was never really appreciated in Philly. I think more important than McNabb is his new head coach, Mike Shanahan. If Snyder can keep his nose out of the operation, I think Shanahan can build a very tough opponent for the NFC east. As far as the team to beat, I dunno. Too early to tell.

RCA

McNabb to the Redskins will not make a difference. I am basing this solely on previous years experience.
Every off-season the Redskins make block buster trades/free agent signings and every off-season they become Superbowl contenders but by mid-season, analysts are discussing which top 10 pick in the draft they will take. Until they break this cycle of spending tons of money and still getting no where, I will over look them. As far as I know, McNabb's career has just ended. I just hope they trade Campbell to the Panthers so he can finally show what he can do. The Redskins biggest issue is their owner, not their QB.
Campbell is the toughest SOB in the NFL, he played like a true professional last year.

Brandon Marshall is very special. He is one of the faster possession receivers (6'5" 240lbs) in the NFL so covering him requires some interesting size/athleticism match ups. He could be the NFLs fastest tightend with his size. The Dolphins have needed a big time WR since Dan Marino. Finally they get it and with up-and-coming QB Chad Henne, Marshall could have a pretty good season. I think he will have around 1050yds and 10TDs, but his biggest impact will be in the running game. Before, playing Miami was a simple equation, stop the wild cat and pack the box, but now you need to put two guys on Marshall and that will make all the difference in the world to Ronnie and Ricky. If you are fortunate enough that your team has a top 5 CB, then you can still stack the box which is what Miami saw last year and still maintained a top 5 rushing attack. But just remember, all Marshall needs is one jump ball with that top 5 CB and he could muscle a TD out of it. Miami's O-Line is great and their RB/FB/TEs are some of the best in the NFL, if Henne developes like he should, Miami will have a top 12-8 offense.

They are one dynamic WR (Percy Harvin, Devin Hester, Lee Evans or Troy Williamson) away from being a top 5 offense

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

troy williamson isn't a dynamic WR. Harvin and Hester are the only ones there you could call Dynamic. Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are Dynamic.

RCA

Ok, I can agree.
But Johnson and Fitzgerald are much more then dynamic. They are game changers.
Dynamic for me is some one who can make plays but their biggest asset is their versatility. Some one with speed who can return and make a big play on third and long to get into field goal range. A guy that you can not just ignore on the field because one slip up and he could burn the best. That to me is dynamic.

nismoconvert
Car: '96 se-r
'90 s13
'86 bronco

Redskins should be improved this year. McNabb is far away a better qb than Campbell. Campbell was just a manage the game type of qb. Plus the skins spent their first pick on the o line. I think they're going in the right direction.

Return to “The Sports Bar”