Brand quality

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rockhoundrob
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

Semi-new here.
I am more familiar with GM cars, Hondas, Buicks, Ford, Chevy.

Long story short, My daughter got a 2009 Rogue with 113,000 miles. I plan to replace all the part that can leave her stranded if that part were to fail.
Like alternator, Water pump, fuel pump, starter, tensioner, etc... This way, those parts should be good for 5 years or more.

I tend to buy things from Rock Auto and see many brands for this type of vehicle.
Which of the following are GOOD brands? When I compare prices with AutoZone, O'Reily's, Rock Auto- I get quality and price all over the place.

I'd like to get good quality brands for my duaghter's car, but I am not familiar with alot of them (I mostly used AC Delco in the past).

Here are my opinions but would appreciate feed back from you guys. These parts are for the Rouge.

Ultima = so-so?
Import Direct = So-so?
AC Delco = good for sure
Beck/Arnely = Good?
Duralast = OK ?
Bosch = Good?
Valeo= No idea
Gates = good?
Dayco = No idea
Air Tex = no idea
Denso = Good?
Dorman= OK ?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Can't go wrong with these:
AC Delco
Bosch
Denso
Duralast

Too many negative reviews on Airtex fuel pumps, so I'd pass.
Dayco belts are the OE standard for some Toyota and Subaru cars. They're a decent quality. On the other hand, Gates is vastly superior in terms of timing belt kits and radiator coolant hoses. Gates is the OE supplier to a lot of manufacturers such as AC Delco or NAPA.
Beck/Arnley products are good, however they are a re-brander and to the best of my knowledge do not Mfg. anything.
Q: Do you have any experience with Dorman Parts?
A: I grew up near the Dorman Products factory in Fairfax, Ohio. The Dorman family sold the business some years ago, and the current owners use the brand on parts they source from all around the globe. They seem to be a good source for otherwise hard-to-find parts. I keep a selection, for example, of their door trim fasteners in my workshop.

Rockhoundrob

My daughter has a 2009 Rogue.
I'd like to do an overhaul because it has 114,000 miles and we have no idea how old the alternator, water pump, tensioner, idler pulley are.
Easier to just replace everything and she should be good for 5 years or so.
I picked out everything but the alternator.

I was going to order a new TYC alternator on Rockauto, but they are not there anymore.
I am thinking about getting NEW Duralast alternator from AutoZone. I prefer New over Reman.
Any thoughts or recommendations?
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Rockhoundrob wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:12 pm
My daughter has a 2009 Rogue.
I'd like to do an overhaul because it has 114,000 miles and we have no idea how old the alternator, water pump, tensioner, idler pulley are.
Easier to just replace everything and she should be good for 5 years or so.
I picked out everything but the alternator.

I was going to order a new TYC alternator on Rockauto, but they are not there anymore.
I am thinking about getting NEW Duralast alternator from AutoZone. I prefer New over Reman.
Any thoughts or recommendations?
Hmm, did you forget you'd already started a similar thread? Merged.

As I stated previously, you can't go wrong with any of these brands. I think the OEM alternator is made by Denso, but honestly any of these will be a fine replacement.
AC Delco
Bosch
Denso
Duralast

Rockhoundrob

Ok, Thanks, I think I will go with Duralast. At least it is new!

Also sorry for the duplicate. Too many forums!

Return to “Rogue Forum”