Brand New Battey - draining overnight

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
amcenter
Car: 2002 Nissan XTerra

Hello. I'm in a bind and would be grateful to anybody who can help. My cat is better equipped to fix my car than I am, so please forgive the ignorance.

I'm currently living in Europe. Alas, the XTerra is neither manufactured, produced, or imported here, so nobody seems to be able to fix the problem. They claim they need an electronic schematic (or schedule) for the car which I can't provide.

Here's the skinny: 2002 Nissan XTerra. Had been in storage for some time. Battery wouldn't start. Replaced battery. Started right up then was completely dead the next morning. Replaced the battery AGAIN. Same thing. Worked one night, dead the next morning. Folks here - brilliantly - said, "It's something electronic; but we can't figure out what without the electronic schematic." That was two weeks ago. Car is still idle at the (useless) Nissan dealership in Luxembourg. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what might be causing the overnight drain and how I can get it fixed? In Europe?

Thanks a million.

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

Do you have any aftermarket lights, security system, amplifiers, etc on your truck that might be staying hot even with the key off? I had a light relay at one time that would drain the battery down after about a week or two - never overnight, but it's still worth checking.

Have you had the battery actually tested? It seems odd that you'd get two bad ones in a row, but that's worth checking too.

Finally, do you have any significant corrosion on your battery terminals?

NM50
Car: 94 D21,98 03 hummer H2,66 311 CA18ET ROADSTER,94GEO METRO pimp mobile

If no lights are staying on then the only thing that will draw a battery down within 15 hrs. is the alternator.Disconnect the large ring terminal from the ACG (alternating current generator).If the draw goes away replace the alternator.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”