"Brand New" 280Z

A forum for owners of S30 and S130 Datsun Z's... 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX!
Brunodoggy
Car: 1976 280z
1984 300zx AE

Hello. I'm new to the forum, but I'm looking for some advice.

I have the opportunity to purchase a 76 280Z which has been parked in the owners garage since new. It has 350 miles on the car. there is no rust anywhere. the interior looks perfect and still has the tag with the starting instructions hanging from the visor. It even has the original plastic on the seats. The engine looks like new.

The owner is rather eccentric. when he purchased the car, he started taking the bumpers and radio out to create upgrades. He lost interest and never finished the modifications. He still has all the original parts.

My main concern is how to properly "Manage" the recovery of this car in a way that will preserve this incredible "New' 280Z

Thanks for your advice

FrenchPople
Car: 1983 Datsun 280ZXT 2+2
2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Desert Runner 2WD

SO I FIRST HAVE TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS ON FINDING THIS!!!! If the car is in great shape like you are saying I would personally try and keep here as original as possible. It would be different if everything needed to be gone through. Before trying to crank the engine over I would take a socket and retchet (27mm) and try to turn it over slowly to make sure the engine is in good shape. Thankfully the old L6 platform was bulletproof. If that turns over you are in good shape. Make sure all your grounds are clean, probably will have to replace the fuel injectors and the fuel pump along with a tune up. Other than that she should be able to fire up easily!!!!! I hope this helps!!! I would also contact AZhitman. He has good advice from time to time!!

Return to “Datsun Z Forum”