Brand loyalty

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
stretch240sx

hey do you guys have a brand loyalty?

i wanna get all enwood... just like thier stuff...

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

no way man! INFINITY ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! (for speakers at least)

but for real.... i like to mix and match

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

I suggest getting what sounds the best to you and what matches your application. If you have a crapload of power, then get speakers that can take it. If you have low power, get efficient speakers. If you have crap all around it does not matter. : )

My favorite amps for highs/mids... Precision Power, Tube Driver, Kicker, Zapco, and Esoteric.

My favorite highs/mids... Focal Utopia, Infinity Kappa Perfect, Dynaudio, Image Dynamics, and very very rare B&W.

My favorite cd players... Clarion Pro-Audio (never seems to die), and the Alpine 7909 (probably the best of all time).

My favorite sound processors... Audio Control and Precision Power.

The low end varies so much... I don't really have favorites, but if I had to choose, I would say Precision Power Pro series flat piston subs, and Orion HCCA amps.

JESTER
Car: 2004 Chevy Colorado Bright a** red. 3.5 five cylinder

Yeah, I am loyal. I use mostly MTX componets and Pioneer head units.

I use to would only run Orion subs, but made the switch when MTX decided to be a player.

I also take into acount price. That is why I go with the above. Good quality for a good price.

nismo_man

im loyal to alpine head units,kicker amps,and polk momo subs

that180guy
Car: cars&girls...cut the last part out

infinity speakers ......kenwood or alpine headkicker solabarics

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

I am in favor of whatever sounds best. I do like Alpine head units. A lot. I find that Polk has good speakers for mids and highs as well as Infinity.

I will also say I do not like the Sony cd player I currently have. :-P

stretch240sx

yeah i need to hange the head unit very much bad.... lol (if you listen to jeff foxworthry youll see the funnyness in that)

gonna get a kenwood unit... not sure which one... gotta be on to play mp3s.. though

InstantRice

the best is to mix and match because w/ the exception of alpine and eclipse there arent to many brands you can make an entire system out of and be satisfied.

Nebraska240sx

JL Audio

InstantRice

cause jl audio makes head units, good job.

Nebraska240sx

I was talking subs, mids and amps, every thing else would be clarion.

InstantRice

im not really a jl fan myself i dont have anything against clarion though

bp2ooo

There are alot of really good companies out there. I just listen to as many different products as i can, and buy what fits my budget. I have jl subs, polk audio interior speakers, rockford fosgate amps, and a sony head unit. I really mixed and match, but sounds really nice. I love polk audio acoustics, and Jl Subs.

T_love

i used to be strickly Kenwood but now i mix with MTX

sims

boston acoustics, focal or MB quart for highs and mids i'm not going to be cheap where it counts.

JL makes very good subs for the price imo, they wouldn't be on my dream system, but realisticly they are great, same goes for there amps, allthough they are a little pricy, idealy i'd like some Phoenix Gold, but pricy if you want something good

as far as faces, for the money vs quality i don't think you can beat pioneer.

all in all i don't think you can really be completely brand loyal to one company, if you want the best. no one is perfect at everything.

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

From what I have seen and heard, and what my brother and his friends have, Alpine Head units, CDA 7995 is what my bro and one of his friend has, that one is pricy, MB Quart for mids and highs, espcially the Q series for MB Quart, that one is really pricy, like 799 for one speaker, and JL all the way for subs and amps, my bro just got two 12'' W7s, they hit hard, and PG for wiring and capacitor and all that other good stuff. Lucky for us, my bros friend happens to sell audio stuff, so we get it at a reasonable price. I would agree that you have to mix and match for what eva kind of set up you have.

InstantRice

BB Turbo H C S15 wrote:my bro just got two 12'' W7s.

Im so sorry for your loss.

Kinesthesia

Alpine head units. JL subs. The rest of my stuff you can't get anymore, Adcom and Kef got out of the car audio biz sadly...

So I'd say MB Quart, Boston, Polk, but you have to listen to them... you can read spec sheets about amps and head units but you have to *listen* to speakers. Probably Precision Power amps just based on what I've heard...

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

good to see a car-audiophile veteran. i was sad to see Kef go as well. Adcom still makes great home stuff, their car stuff is still a great find.

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

I like Boston Acoustics speakers and Orion amps personally. As for head units I dig the Pioneer units.

InstantRice

Just heard orion hcca for the first time, damn thats one impressive summa*****

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

InstantRice wrote:Just heard orion hcca for the first time, damn thats one impressive summa*****

and kinda pricey but I am a cheap bastard :D

That's the kind of amp I will be running shortly though :thinker

InstantRice

yeah its pretty pricey but its on the level of subs way more expensive.

96_S14_SE
Car: 96 S14 SE - 05 VW GTI 1.8t - 89 S13 coupe "gold on brown"

InstantRice wrote:cause jl audio makes head units, good job.

Hehe. Hey did you happen to see the new HU offered by Eclipse this year, from CES? It looks to be a damn nice unit and will hopefully replace my ageing 5303r.. I am rather loyal in that dept, but am glad I didnt have the urge to buy when they werent so reliable.

I am running BA for my mids and highs but it is definitely a listen to type of deal. Not only that but even demoing them doesnt really help as its the install that will matter and determine the sound. My mids loved a solid sealed enclosure, and needed it to fully bring them out in my install. It was like a night and day difference in the mid bass responce.I suppose you could get a decent feel for the brightness of the tweets while doing a demo though. As that seems to be the biggest gripe between the different component sets out there. Some people like a bright (or harsh depending who you ask) tweet and others cant stand them....

InstantRice

word the newer eclipse h/u's are very reliable. Now the old ones may be a different story. And im one of those people who cant stand seperate tweeters.

96_S14_SE
Car: 96 S14 SE - 05 VW GTI 1.8t - 89 S13 coupe "gold on brown"

The 5303r I have is 4.5 yrs old. The things been out for a little over 5 yrs now though. But while its not flashy (I hate that more then anything thus the eclipse appeals to me greatly) and doesnt have all the bells and whistles of the new HU its still a solid unit just now showing little quirks from age, and puts out a damn clean 5v 50ohm signal.

Sometime between when this was discontinued by the commander and now eclipse had some issues of reliability and where very finicky towards slightly scratched media (mine plays some pretty bad CD's with little fuss).

This cd8053 should have great reliablilty all the bells and whistles plus more, and hold the same bland styling (although it is slightly more flashy then my current but I may overlook that).

InstantRice

true true. If i had my choice of h/u's though i would be all over a nak. but my pockets only run so deep.

InstantRice

i have a question for all the JL fans out there, what attracts you to there subs? and please dont say the overwhelming spl(laugh) or how hard they hit(laugh).

astron

head unit: aiwa cdc-mp3 (sorta trash)subs: 2 10" jl audio'samp: sony xplod (older model)speakers: 4 6.5 inch memphis audioschanger: jenson (got it cheap)

Got the subs free from my stepbro, amp used cheap, changer cheap (need a better changer though) already had the head unit from my last car, speakers sounded darn good :)what loyalty?

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”