Brand loyalty

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

InstantRice wrote:Im so sorry for your loss.

Sorry for my loss? Loss of hearing, yeah, I agree with on that.

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

InstantRice wrote:i have a question for all the JL fans out there, what attracts you to there subs? and please dont say the overwhelming spl(laugh) or how hard they hit(laugh).

For me, and most every JL fan, they are good quality and always have a nice crisp deep bass, and yes, they can hit hard, maybe if you look at whos winning competitions, then yu might start likin em, i will always be a buyer of JL because everyone that i know that has their products are always happy with their puchas and i have really never heard n e body say n e thing bad about them, thats what attracts us, i can gurantee if you try their new w6's and 7s in your ride you will love them, and plus the peoples reactions when they hear you have JL s***.

machinehead

great install can make up for not using great equipment ;)

for subs, i like the id maxarc audio makes awesome ampsclarion/nak/eclipse are all great hu'sfor comp sets i like image dynamics because they have some killer mid bass.
InstantRice wrote:i have a question for all the JL fans out there, what attracts you to there subs? and please dont say the overwhelming spl(laugh) or how hard they hit(laugh).

im not a jl fan by any means, but ive seen them win sq comps and spl comps, so they must be doing something right. if you want to bash subs, bash rockfords :D if i hear one more person say they rock....

InstantRice

havent been here in a while let me respond to some shiat, jl's only win competitions where its the usual trash (competition wise not dissing anyones ****) like rockford, alpine ect. Jl will never win a spl comp with the heavy hitters, the DD's, the strokers, re, hell even the kickers of the world. Far as sq go they are good for their price but the aforementioned id max, Adire audio and elemental products all trump JL hard. As far as the w7 its a good sub, not good for the msrp or the bargains you get on the internet. The sub sounds loose and that gets away from jl's claim to faim tight bass w/ decent sq. w6v2 is a jl sub i do like though. but i digress, the w7 is a huge waste of money.

diamondj30
Car: Not to low , not to high , just right .

im with you instant rice.and i promote companys that support competition.i know i run older rockford amps,there customer service is a joke.might as well let my teenage daughter work on my stuff.all rockford coming out,jl too.althought a good s.q.sub w/6.next winter it zapco and dd.although some may like my set up,i think what you see in my trunk is enough to make me ,hang my head low.off topic sorry,just dont mention rockford it pisses me off.

s14=pimpin'

clarion head unit, 10" b52 banpassed sub (anyone heard of that? Was given to me, not bad bass) and rockford amp.

I'd stay loyal to rockford, I'm impressedd with the sound I get (as well as many of my passengers).

machinehead

InstantRice wrote:havent been here in a while let me respond to some shiat, jl's only win competitions where its the usual trash (competition wise not dissing anyones ****) like rockford, alpine ect. Jl will never win a spl comp with the heavy hitters, the DD's, the strokers, re, hell even the kickers of the world. Far as sq go they are good for their price but the aforementioned id max, Adire audio and elemental products all trump JL hard. As far as the w7 its a good sub, not good for the msrp or the bargains you get on the internet. The sub sounds loose and that gets away from jl's claim to faim tight bass w/ decent sq. w6v2 is a jl sub i do like though. but i digress, the w7 is a huge waste of money.
yeah the w7 was ghey. drop the price to 300 and ill buy one though :D we waited 7 years for this....:/ my friend had a brahma and it kept blowing. he's happy with his strokers now.

InstantRice

ahh im gaining a following! he doesnt like the brahma!?!?! thats the first report of that ive ever heard.

Nebraska240sx

yeah the W7 can lick my nuts but for SQ um and W6V2 sounds better than any other sub I have heard yet, (and i have been to 10+ competitions) but there are a lot of subs that kink the **** out of JL in SPL, but for what i spent i am happy, so when you get louder tahn I am and have a better looking system than I you give me a call.....

k-mart

Hey, Nebraska, you never did answer my questions about your system.

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....11576

InstantRice

2 things on nebraska im curious on how that goes on a stock alternator also. and in your other post k-mart you wondered how he could cram all that i think it would be fairly easy i ran 3 12's for the longest before i went down to 2 12's.

k-mart

I never said I wondered how he could do it. I said I wanted to see pics of it all crammed in there.

Not to mention the fact that there's no way to wire 4 w6v2's to a one ohm load......or a way to run 3 1000/1's to all 4 without having some unfriendly ohm loads to one of the amps......or a way to do 159 legal with 4 SEALED 10's out of a trunk on a decently calibrated meter .......the list goes on.....

Nebraska240sx

this is how,

WoodmisterIntake/Exhaust

Registered: Nov 2002Location: Ashburn, VirginiaPosts: 83 Check this place out (dont know your year)http://www.nissanpartstore.com....html

If you cant find an alternator get a Yellow top ($175) and a 1.09 farad cap ($70), check out thezeb.com

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/optima.html

__________________My New Ridehttp://www.cardomain.com/id/blackq45My Old Ride/Systemhttp://www.cardomain.com/id/woodmister

I took advice so that I could have my system running w/o my lights dimming to ****, and the ohms part you can discous with Sound FX in Kearney NE, They Put all the **** in my car,

my box now (I got another boult cuz the other sucked) wraps around the back making an octogon chape with the subs facing toward the rear seat, amps mounted to the floor, so what is the need to take pictures, it's not my job to impress you, just to give some decent advice.

k-mart

That still doesn't explain anything. I don't want pics to be impressed. I want pics for proof.

Basically, it is IMPOSSIBLE to run 3600 watts on an 80amp alt. 6W0's are still not midranges. Should that be 250/1, because JL doesn't make a 200/1 or at least I couldn't find any info anywhere on them. I'd also like to see some proof of this 159 you claim, or at least some info about the mic and mic placement. Are you powering your components with HU power? If so, that's another no no.

There's still no way to effectively run 4 w6v2's with 3 1000/1's........just can't be done.......

Silvia2b
Car: 95 240sx se / 07 G35s cpe / 2009 G37s sedan (rear-ended R.I.P.) / 19 Q50 rs400AWD

Huh that's funny, I never heard much mention, of Xtant, or Diamond audio. Great brands BTW.Xtant is part of Mitec, who also owns MTX. I do like Dynaudio, but a little expensive since i don't have access to their accomodation program. So for me budget isn't the issue. This is why I think 96_s14, and sled had good advice, listen to some gear, then do it some more, then dig in your wallet, buy what you can afford.Not what other people tell you is the best. Hey whatever happened to those loyal to ADS I have some customers who would die trying to get a hold of some gear to match their stuff.

InstantRice

Xtant= overly pricey, nice amps thoughdiamond audio is good stufff though.

tupac03602

i totally love jl audio all tha way. the speakers put out crystal clear sound and the subs hit very nicley and can take a beating. all tha amps also put out awsome signals. currently i got 5.25 xr components in the front, xr 6x9" in tha back back, 4x6" in tha back panels and a 13w7 in a custom box. i got a 300/4 amp runnin my components and my 6x9 (my 4x6 are ran off my deck) and i got a 1000/1 amp runnin my 13w7. it all sounds beautiful and tha sub hits really hard, and i have the minimum rms runnin it so it can get alot better!!!

InstantRice

Look at this, JL is like a cult.

Sopdadope

My last system was a hodge podge of brands:

But I do have some strong loyalties:

Head Unit: I absolutely love Eclipse and Nakamichi.

EQ: I'm fond of the Alpine indash EQ's. All great bang for the buck.

Amps: Hifonics and Autotek (SX lines), nothing else comes close except maybe...PPI. IMO, these are the best amps for the money out there.

Speakers: CDT makes some great speakers and their customer service is top-notch. I have the Braxial series but I hear the Eurosports are right up there with Focal Utopias.

Subs: Image Dynamics or A/D/S. I'm not big into SPL just nice clean bass.

Bussman240sx
Car: Nissan cars, and women

i always go with a pioneer head unit and alpine amps and subs

InstantRice

Nakamichi, Bling Bling

sprstu
Car: cars, the simpsons, bmx, snowboarding, skateboarding, cars, everything

i have a JVC digifinite head unit, sux, my first was a sony head unit also sucked. my fav head unit was the pioneer 7400, i sold it bc im retarded. i love my rockford HE2 10, blows the doors off any other ten out there. so if you want great sq and a thump thump in the trunk, but dont have the space, rockford all the way. amp, i run a profile cali 400sx. i know yall may say that it is a cheapo amp, but i have had it for 2 years now and it pounds just as hard now as the day i instaled it, i mean come on, 400X1 watts for $130, where can you go wrong, and the blue matches my interior lights. speakers, no ? pioneer TS-A series. great sound greta power ability good price.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”