Brakes to the Floor

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
calsettle
Car: 2015 Nissan Juke SV

2015 Nissan Juke SV (canada). Just replaced all the pads, rotors and rear calipers. Bleed the braked using the factory procedure. (discounted battery, and used the Criss-cross bleeding as specified). Problem, on the first depression of the brake pedal it goes straight to the floor. If I pump it 3-4 times it will hold firm. Could there be anything other than air in the system? I'm not seeing any air bubbles while bleeding.

Any suggestions welcome.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You must have air in there someplace. If it kept going to the floor but more slowly after being pumped, then it might be torn seals in the master. Since it holds firm, you're definitely compressing some trapped airspace. Try re-bleeding the system from the top down, start at the master and work down to the wheels.

calsettle
Car: 2015 Nissan Juke SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:34 am
You must have air in there someplace. If it kept going to the floor but more slowly after being pumped, then it might be torn seals in the master. Since it holds firm, you're definitely compressing some trapped airspace. Try re-bleeding the system from the top down, start at the master and work down to the wheels.
Thanks for the reply, I have been doing brakes for a long time and never ran across this. Today I just pressure bled it twice following the factory sequence. I have to believe its hydraulic but darn if I can figure it out. Ready to tow it to the local shop.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”