brakes

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
petersago
Car: nissan primera

hello people, just got here and it is great to see so many people with problems that can get help. My problem is simple , the brake on my car (back drivers side) squeaks when i am going slow, about 15 to 20 mph. what can i possibly do to stop this annoying sqeak, It goes away when i use the breaks but come back again 30 seconds later. has anybody got any ideas.

ScrapnSidwayz
Car: My damn S13 is a fuggin money pithole

Have you checked your brake pads?

petersago

ScrapnSidwayz wrote:Have you checked your brake pads?
its a drum brake on the back and they seem fine, do you think that changing the brake will make it go away

ScrapnSidwayz

Im not really sure, I dont have much experience with drum brakes. you could try pulling the drum off though and inspect the brake shoes for any obvious wear or damage

petersago

i did that already and there is no wear at all

ScrapnSidwayz

Maybe the brake shoes are dragging against the drum? If I remember correctly theres these little springs that pull the shoes back so they dont drag against the drum and you can adjust the tension on them, maybe they need adjusting. Im not sure how it is on your car/truck but thats how it was on my old Mazda Protege.

petersago

okay, ill try that and let you know

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”