Brakes Replaced At 6000Miles

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
VIsa Versa
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sedan

Took the V in because the brakes were squealing really bad . We don't brake hard when coming to stops, but it was getting embarassing for us. Anyway they replaced the front brake pads with only 6000 miles. Now these pads are starting to squeal also. DH said its just the brake dust. Is their anything we can do to get them to stop? Thanks ahead of time.

Christine

SuperTurbo

Try to brake very very hard for a few times, and see does it solve the problem.(Make sure you don't lock the tires)

think of brake pad is like a sponge, dirt & stuff will get into it. so try to brake hard for a few times, and see does it change.

May I ask, which brand name of brake pad you put in?

Vahagn23
Car: NIssan Versa S

I hit around 8k miles when I first started to hear loud screatching noise. Im at 15k miles and breaks fine, but makes tons of noise.

lain
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

I'm at like 22k miles and my dealership said my breaks are still good...and i can be a crazy driver sometimes...once in a while when i have to break a little harder then usual I hear a little squeaks but not often.

bigdog
Car: 2007 versa s 2007 xterra 1982 dodge truck

mine started to squeal at 17000 miles took to dealer & they fixed under warrenty. had to take it twice because dropped it off one morning they turned rotors,had me p/u car later that afternoon after they finished. got about 1/2 mile from house (dealer is less than 5 miles from house) brakes started squealing again,found out even if pads are good they need to be replaced even when rototrs are turned even if they look good. No problems since,got about 4000 more miles on brakes since fixing

J. Reid
Car: 2008 Versa S

My 2008 has started to squeal on rare occasions, with only 8000km on them. Started after a 2500km road trip (which was done in 2 roughly 12 hour continuous drives), haven't taken it in yet since its pretty seldom (maybe once every few days) but if its still happening at the next service then I'll get them to check it.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”