Brakes freeze in cold weather

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
pabassman65

Greetings fellow drivers
I have a 2006 G35X that I've owned for over 100,000 miles. Love this car and have had very few problems. Something happened yesterday that startled me. The car had been in my driveway for several days and it had been pretty cold. I started the car and began to back out of the driveway and noticed I had almost no stopping power. The petal felt stiff, and I had to apply my full weight to get the car to stop. After letting the car idle for another minute or so, they were fine.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix or do I just need to let it warm up for a few minutes. I just want to be sure this isn't a symptom of a larger problem.

Appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That almost sounds like a brake booster problem.
I would think the calipers should have necessary force to break whatever ice may be there.
Has it happened since?

pabassman65

Thanks for the response... It hasn't happened since, but the weather has been warmer. I read on the Nissan forums where they had a similar problem that involved the valve in the booster vacuum line. I tried to order a replacement but Infinity no longer sells it.

It seems fine, but I'm afraid to drive it.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Hmm... they might be talking about the check valve in the booster line. I wouldn't think its very specific. You can probably just remove the one that's in there, and replace it with one that just fits that size line.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”