Brakes and 07 sedan mod update

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
gunslingerdoc
Car: 2007 G35 SEDAN

Ok....I need to do something about brakes...Not that the factory ones arent good, but I need better. Someone recommended OC motorsports drilled and slotted rotors...

Any link? Other recommendations? Who else? Who to avoid?

SO far Ive done the Intakes - fujita...cool sound and touch more trottle response and my stillen exhaust is sitting in the garage.

Today a local shop is putting head rest DVD's (hey I have 3 kids) and Im getting Toyo 245/45/17's put on at lunch. Window tint is done.

I still love the hell out of this car and its an absolute blast to drive. I'm debating a spoiler and some ground effects but I kinda like the sleeper look as well...
Modified by gunslingerdoc at 9:45 AM 4/14/2008

goneracin
Car: 2004 G35X Sedan 1990 Mustang conv.

Do you need better brakes or just want them? For the street, I would upgrade to slotted rotors and get some good pads and be done with it. If you really need brakes or just want the overkill, try this site,http://www.baer.com/The offer a 6 piston caliper, 14" two piece rotor for the front and back.Make sure your current wheel will work with whatever you go with.

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Check the FAQ's for brakes. Also, Gwoods has done a lot of research on breaks and rotors, and he has many answers. Maybe a shout out to Gwoods will help.

GWoods . . . Are you in ear shot?

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

How much did you pay for the Baer brakes?rotors?

just front or all 4?

gunslingerdoc
Car: 2007 G35 SEDAN

I think Im fast approaching the point of needing to have the brakes done so I thought this would be a good time to upgrade - at least to some slotted and drilled rotors, stainless brake lines, new pads, and fluid.....something about 140 mph across the dam got me to thinking stopping well might be important .

IvoryPearl07G
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

As much as i really want a BBK kit. either replacement slotted rotors/ss lines/and pads will do,

or the new akibono kit that is supplied from riverside infiniti,LA, cali.... its the g37 sport brakes.

i think 1400 for front kit, and 2100 for the rear included.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”